Looking for 1300 badges

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by wolffcub, Oct 17, 2014.

1. wolffcub

wolffcub Member

Anyone know who might make new 1300 badges? Its for a 52

2. Chiro

Chiro Member

1300?

Don't you mean 3100 badges?

Andy

3. wolffcub

wolffcub Member

No. 1300 is what im looking for

4. ccharr

ccharr Member

What is a 1300 badge?

5. wolffcub

wolffcub Member

Canadian trucks. Currently I have the old 1420 ones from when i bought it but its a 1/2t now.

6. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

Wierd... 3100 = USA, 1300 = Canadian

I need a decoder ring :eek:

7. coilover

coilover Member

On really rare parts we usually scout Hemmings or the car clubs to see if someone will let us borrow, with any deposit they ask for, the needed item and then use it for a pattern for a mold. Almost always have the new part cast in aluminum rather than pot metal since flaws are easily corrected in aluminum. It can be polished or chrome plated. The old car guys are usually very generous and often settle for a new unpitted part which you have cast up for them in addition to the one(s) for yourself. As a last resort we chuck a billet up in the five axis mill and carve one out---pricey. A good photo with a measuring tape fastened horizontally and vertically next to the emblem would give the info needed since they are so rare that there won't be another one parked next to it to compare. I milled out a tail light top/license platebracket for a 38 LaSalle that run $800 to give you an idea of the cost. Probably was about $750 for the computer junk and $50 for the milling.

8. wolffcub

wolffcub Member

I can model up a solidworks file of it in about 10 min. All i need is a good direct shot right above the "3" on either a 3100 badge or 1300 badge. All the images i find online of the 3100 emblem are either crappy res or taken at an angle.

Im having thoughts about making a bunch now.

9. coilover

coilover Member

I like your thinking. I'm sure someone on the site can furnish a photo to your liking. If nothing else carry your camera to a show or swap meet and snap one yourself.

10. coilover

coilover Member

These are from a 52 in the shop but don't know if it still has the original hood. For American made trucks the "What year is it?" page at the front of the Classic Parts catalog states that halfway through 52 the 3100 was dropped and just the"'CHEVROLET" emblem was used. Pictures are certainly not professional quality.

Attached Files: