What horn in my truck

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Ricos54, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Ricos54

Ricos54 Member

I need to put a horn in my truck and don't know what to get? I want one pretty loud, but don't want something I have to buy other stuff to make it work like a compressor. Unless that's the best way to go. What are you guy's using?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  2. Chiro

Chiro Member

Horny?

The original horns in these trucks are way loud.

3. gary1of2

gary1of2 Member

The original horns are real loud especially if the are hooked up to 12 volts.

4. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

I like big long electric tooters from 30s to 40s cars. I buy at swap meets for under $10 and only found one that I couldn't get working. I have 4 on my truck.....as close to a train horn as you can get without the expense.

5. ccharr

ccharr Member

I have now, 03-07 Cadillac CTS 3.2L OEM Horn Set - High & Low , which are loud and they have a great sound and they are GM. I even have a set on my '93 F250.

6. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Horns !

O.K. , O.K. , so I'm a horn junkie :rolleyes: .

Listen to what Russ said , go swap meet ' junk box ' hunting , they're easy to fix if a bit fiddly .

I have hundreds of old horns , my poor Son hates it when I spy a deadl motor driven Klaxon in a greasy pile of trash , I get a kick out of making them work again , I almost never restore them , I just de rust and repair / adjust as necessary.....

One tip : some horns " bleat " instead of tooting ~ but TWO awful sounding horns together , make a melodious musical sound .

You have to try this to believe it .