door panel removal

Discussion in '1967-1972' started by ImportSlayer503, May 1, 2005.

1. ImportSlayer503

ImportSlayer503 Member

how do i take the door panels off? do i have to get the window cranks off? how?

2. 67 C10Stepside

67 C10Stepside Member

ImportSlayer,
    In order to get the door panels off your truck, you'll have to remove the window crank and interior doior handle. You can use a small dental pick-like tool to reach behind the window crank and pull off the horseshoe-shaped clip, or use a handle removal tool. I bought mine at a local auto parts store, it's made by HELP! You'll find it with all the other red box HELP! tools that nearly every auto parts store carries, it's part #76951, called Universal Handle Removal Tool. Chevy Duty also sells it, it's only a few bucks. Take this tool and just slide it behind the handle, moving it around until you can push the clip right off. It's surprisingly easy, and the door handle comes off in the same way. As for the door panel itself, my truck is plane-jane and only has the steel panel that detaches easily by unscrewing the four phillips screws at the bottom and then comes off by pulling downward. If your truck has a vinyl panel, I'm guessing it's held on by spring clips like many other interior panels on other cars. Good luck to you.