Vintage air rear evaporator bracket

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Sethmark, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Sethmark

Sethmark Member

Gents,
    I need some help locating a bolt hole on the firewall for the vintage air evaporator unit. Apparently I have some sort of deluxe heater? And don't have bolt holes in the same place that they expected.

Needless to say, I need to locate and drill the hole in the firewall for the evaporator bracket. Can anyone please take a picture of the bracket or where the bolthole is in the firewall on the front side?

Does the bolt run through the brace inside the firewall?

Thank you so much.
    Seth

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  2. gary1of2

gary1of2 Member

can you provide a picture of you heater?

3. Sethmark

Sethmark Member

Sure. The evaporator mounting instructions are complete and utter nonsense. Theres not a lick of interface with my truck that I can discern in the slightest. There's no panel to cover the air intake on the passenger side, they keep referring to some Philips truss that I can't locate and nothing seems to line up.

Here's the original heater. I need to figure out where their 3 brackets are supposed to mount to and I'm tired and frustrated tonite.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. gary1of2

gary1of2 Member

The cover they are referring to covers they lovers that are just in front of the passenger door. Remove the cover, Then out the two screws back in the holes but not in all the way, The heater should have two slots to slide on. The other two can be reached from the cab. On the back side there are only the two studs that pass through the fire wall and put the nuts on from the engine compartment. The heater hoses need to be put on before the heater is installed. From what I see of the pictures sent the heater is complete. The only thing I don't see is the control valve and rod.Can you send picture of the three brackets that you have/

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  5. Sethmark

Sethmark Member

That's the original heater. I'm installing air conditioning.

6. Chiro

Chiro Member

If you don't want that original heater when you are done with it, you can send it my way. I could use the heater control valve and the rod and bracket that controls it too. The whole she-bang. I really could use some heat in my truck.

Thanks,

Andy