I installed my cab over the weekend (and now my poor back!)

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by TonyinKC, Feb 16, 2015.

1. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

A Good Job Well Done

Man that looks nice .

I'm supposed to go home and begin working on my engine but it's cloudy & damp , maybe I'll go inspect my recliner for lumps instead....

Gotta make sure the cushions are proper and the mechanism works correctly too :rolleyes: .

2. ssexton1

ssexton1 Member

Tony:

Did you use decals for the tailgate lettering, or did you have it painted?

--Sandy

3. TonyinKC

TonyinKC Member

Tailgate

Hi Sandy. That's paint---not decals.
    Tony

4. ssexton1

ssexton1 Member

Do you mind sharing your painter? It looks great. I went to a body shop today and they said to just leave it alone. But I really like your's.

I finally got the electrical working along with a kill switch. Now I am putting finishing touches, like decals, speedometer cable attachment to Hydramatic transmission, installing a right side mirror, rear view mirror, seat belts, etc.

The only other problem I have right now is keeping it running, it is dying on me while driving. Taking it to a local mechanic this next week.

5. Zig

Zig Member

Years from now, when I paint my white GMC tailgate, I plan on taping off the letters and using a very sharp razor blade to cut around the letters. I plan on red letters outlined in yellow, so I will have my work "cut out" for me...
    I'm not sure that's how you do it if you want a show quality paint job or not, but it will work for me~

6. Slinger53

Slinger53 Member

Great work Tony! I have a great appreciation for guys bringing these back to "better than new condition" and trying to stay true to original. Excellent attention to detail. I think everyone is entitled to do what they want with their trucks, but when I see one that has been hot rodded up, I usually ask myself, now why did they do that?? :) I will be waiting to see the finished product!

7. jinaeve

jinaeve Member

That's flipping incredible Tony!! Looks better than directly off the line. Nice work!!!

8. TonyinKC

TonyinKC Member

Thanks guys. I'm really trying to stay more or less original, but a few modest upgrades seemed to be in order: 235 instead of my original 216, radial tires, and 12v rather than 6v.

I'll keep posting photos. This has been a four year project and I'm really trying to push to get this done.

Tony