Installing these beautiful reproduction grills are...

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by TonyinKC, Mar 15, 2015.

1. TonyinKC

TonyinKC Member

...hard to do. The holes don't line up very well. But after an afternoon, it turned out pretty well.

Attached Files:

2. steve l

steve l Member

Wow!!!! That looks great!

3. Zig

Zig Member

Tony, your truck is looking amazing! All the windows are in and you never said a word. ;)

4. TonyinKC

TonyinKC Member

I haven't installed the side or vent windows yet, but all the fixed glass is installed. I've got to connect the wiring for the turn signals and install the head lights next. I'll add more photos when I can.

Best,
    Tony

5. Sethmark

Sethmark Member

The words 'they don't build them like the used to' applies directly to 47-53 chevy grills. Why does a decoration need 30 bolts?

6. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

AD Grille ' fun ' (or not)

GREAT job ! .

I love the color too .

Anything with sheet metal it going to be tricky to align / assemble .

I worked on sheet metal cars (Air Cooled VW's) for decades and my # 1 tool was always that 4' long BUG flat bladed screwdriver with the bent tip ~ once you learn how to use it , you don't scratch the paint atall , and it's the perfect tool for jiggling things to get the bolt holes aligned then to hold everything aligned as you go around tightening up all those flusherginner bolts..... :p .

For those who've not yet dome this , loosening pretty much all the font and sheet metal fasteners speeds up and makes this tiresome job much easier .

Of course , reading Russ' excellent how to assemble and AD thread supercedes anything I have to say here .

7. edwin wells

edwin wells Member

I side with Nate, that is a nice color. Goes great with the grill and whitewalls. Nice work!

8. Greg_H

Greg_H Member

Any recent progress? I am anxious to see the truck all together in the transport blue.