Interior paint

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by edwin wells, Mar 22, 2015.

1. edwin wells

edwin wells Member

Hi All,

Just finished painting the interior of my 51 with the brownish paint that was correct for the year (I understand all trucks had this color on their interiors).
    I purchased it from Chevs of the 40's (I always like to support our host but C.P. doesn't seem to sell paint).

The finish turned out great, but the paint is kind of a satin/flat finish. Is this correct, or should I topcoat with some kind of clear (even though it is a single stage enamel and I am not even sure if I can put a clear over it.

I want to keep the truck as original as possible -

As always, thanks a bunch for your help!

Ed

Attached Files:

• 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      72 KB
      Views:
  2. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Ed, the pic looks good. The interior paint is supposed to have that satin/flat/semi-gloss look! I bought my paint from our host several years ago and was very pleased with it. I think they still offer it. If you are going "strictly original", the steering wheel and column is a slightly different shade and is glossy in appearance.

Ken

3. edwin wells

edwin wells Member

Great, thanks Ken! I do like the satin look as well, and am glad to be done with the dash and cab. Thanks for the info on the column and steering wheel appearances as you mentioned. I'll start the research team on those items next -

Ed

4. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Dash Paint

Looking good there Ed .