1972 C20 custom camper

Discussion in '1967-1972' started by vernantweed, Mar 25, 2015.

1. vernantweed

vernantweed Member

Ill start off by saying im new to the world of car mods and restoration. I bought a 1972 C20 custom camper last summer and started working. I am in Canada but the truck is out of Virginia and in pretty good shape. Very little surface rust on the frame and thats about it. Ive watched a lot of shows on building cars but this is my first attempt at doing it myself. Im an electrician so im very comforatable with tools and my dad has a decent knowledge of cars. anyway enough about me.

So I've been following a few threads on how to lower a C20 with leaf springs. Ill start by saying i have no desire to haul anything in the future. Basically just building a cool looking classic truck. I decided that the best solution for now is probably a flip kit. I took a look at my leaf springs yesterday and it appears that because i have a custom camper there is an additional leaf pack mounted inside the regular leaf spring that appears to only be in use when the truck is loaded down. Im wondering if I can remove that extra leaf pack with no consequence to make room for the flip kit. I dont have any pictures yet but I will take some tonight and post tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone has already run into this problem.