It ain't purdy but

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by rix 48, Apr 9, 2015.

1. rix 48

rix 48 Member

Well, it's been way to long getting my 48 out of the garage but today marks the first time under her own power in years. This was (is) a frame off project to remove 60 years of rust. Low budget, somewhere around 3k. Glass, bed, wheels and tires left to do but she's been saved from the scrap yard. Had to take to much time off with other distractions. Upgraded to 1958 235, 12v. New cab corners, inner and outer cowl panels, lots of body work, that I suck at, on cab and fenders. She'll be a driver soon. Many, many thanks to Ol Cheby for his "how to build". It really helped me remember how I took her apart. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

2. wolffcub

wolffcub Member

its plenty purdy.

3. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Progress !

That looks VERY purdy to me ! .

Besides , who care what anyone else thinks when you're tooling down the road , elbow out the window , wind in your hair thinking : I did this ! " .

4. JIMnWV

JIMnWV Member

I don't see no need for lipstick.... It's Purdy just as it is!! Hmmm, reminds me of my wife, lol

5. Zig

Zig Member

You're right, it ain't purdy, it's beautiful! Great before and after photos! I cringe every time I look at the "before" photos of the engine compartment of mine. What a lot of work, but it was all good! Same with yours!

6. 1951 chevy blue

1951 chevy blue Member

She looks great how long have you been working on her
    Mike

7. rix 48

rix 48 Member

Thanks guys

The pictures really make it look much better than it really is. It's no show truck for sure. I feel good that the rust is all gone and she's on her way back. As for the time spent on it. I really can't answer that honestly. Me and a grandson tore her down back in 08. Work was going well until late 09. Then I bought a place at the lake and attention shifted to rebuilding that. I really left it until last year as a failed project. Even put it up for sale at one point. Had a couple people low ball it and that got me interested in it again. Decided if I'm going to sell it, it's not going to be a failed project. The same grandson, now 22, got in it today and stared it up. His reaction told me it's going to be around quite a while. :)

More pictures later.

Thanks again for the kind comments.