Disappointed with the vendors

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by cmkruse, Apr 22, 2015.

1. cmkruse

cmkruse Member

Hey Guys just wanted to vent about my recent experience with Classic and CPP. I ordered a brake booster from classic and it was drop shipped from CPP. I had to call to verify if I had the right part as there was no part number on the part or on the box and the one sheet instructions listed it was for an A body / F body vehicle which is for a car I think. Nothing said it was for my truck or if it was the disc/drum version that I needed. I called both vendors and didn't get much reassurance other than CPP sent me a picture of the one I am supposed to have. Of course it was the same picture from the website which shows the firewall boot and four bolts/nuts. Neither of which came with my booster. I envy you guys that are close enough to got to the parts places direct and don't have to deal by mail order. Anyway I hope you have better luck than I did and maybe it's the right booster and I won't slam my head on the windshield when the brakes are applied. :D

2. 52wasp

52wasp Member

Customer Satisfaction...

If it were ME, I would call AGAIN. KEEP CALLING until you are able to talk to somebody who has a clue. I have the "three strikes" rule. I'll be polite as heck, but if I go three tries without getting closure, I can become rather UNpleasant. As you likely paid with a credit card, you likely have some recourse if they didn't send you the correct part.

While it doesn't matter WHAT the part is (you should receive the CORRECT part you ordered), these are BRAKES afterall.

3. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

A body gm would be the Chevelle's and their brethern, the F body is the Camaro.

As for drop shipping that's very common. CPP supplies a bunch of vendors.

Did you call and ask for tech. help? Some of these companies have truly "non-tech" folks doing a lot of the ordering.

I'd suggest you call CPP and ask them for a tech. Might be a good idea to take some digital photos of what they sent you and send them to that tech. so he can identify what they sent you.

That would be my approach.

Hope that helps. Good luck and be sure to follow up here and let us know what you find out.

John

4. cmkruse

cmkruse Member

No Help from the tech

I did talk to the tech at cpp and all he did was send me a picture of the booster. It was just like the picture from the website. I followed up asking if there were any additional installation instructions such as bench bleeding the cylinder or any other information and a couple other questions but as of yet I haven't received any additional email. It's been a week so I don't expect any either. So it is what it is. Buyer beware. :(

5. 52wasp

52wasp Member

Ok...

That's call #1.

Since you bought it from Classic, call them next. Kindly explain the situation. "I bought part number XXX from you, it was drop-shipped from your vendor. There is NO info on or in the box, and it doesn't look like the picture, etc."

The burden lies on Classic.

Good luck.

6. sleepindawg

sleepindawg Member

I wasn't going to join in on this but.... I called Classic parts about a dual master cylinder I bought from them wondering about residual valves and what not. What he said to me floored me! He said "Put everything back stock and roll it like it was produced, that way it all works. I'm a stock kinda guy."

What the ... Nevermind....

Tim

7. 52wasp

52wasp Member

now is a good time to ask...

Can our host offer any assistance here?

If this forum is moderated, now would be a good time to have somebody from Classic Parts of America step in and make this right. We are all "customers" afterall (well, I certainly am), and it would be nice to see the issue rectified.

8. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

When you say "I called Classic" Are you referring to Classic Parts of America (our sponsor here) - or - Classic Performance Products (CPP)?

Might get some help if the OP was to post the data in the Classic Parts of America Talk Forum. https://talk.classicparts.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  9. 50 Chevy LS3

50 Chevy LS3 Member

Too many "classic" parts companys. Don't forget giant "Classic Industries" in Huntington Beach, Cal.
    Need to be clear, don't want to smear the wrong one.
    I thought everybody knew about CPP's rep.
    I've had no problems with our host. Seem to be good mid-western people to me.
    Likewise, "Classic Industries" sales folks, not real tech saavy, but, are willing to help. They overcharged my card recently by $136.00. Young sales guy took care of it, and apologized for the error.
    The comment, "to put it back stock", seems way out of line. I understand that sentiment, but, if that's what I truly believed, I should not be selling custom parts.

10. sleepindawg

sleepindawg Member

The Classic Parts I was referring to IS our host

11. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

Thanks for clarifying.

12. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

A Master/ Booster is not vehicle specific. GM stuff basically mounts the same. The difference is in the bore and valving, wheather for drum/disc, etc. The vehicle specific part is the bracketry and adapters.

As far as bench bleeding, use plugs in the ports or plugs with tubes back into the reservior. Fill with brake fluid and gently pump master with large phillips screwdriver until no more air bubbles are present. Now keep sealed untill ready to install.