59 Chevy fleetside longbed parts needed

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by 59ChevyFleet, Dec 19, 2008.

1. 59ChevyFleet

59ChevyFleet Member

Hi, This is my first posting on this site. I have been working on a 59 Chevy fleetside longbed truck project and trying to locate a set of the long bedside moudings for this truck. I have the front and rear pieces from these mouldings but I am missing the long strips. The previous owner said they were badly dented up and hangng so he just removed them. If anyone knows where I can find some replacements or maybe knows of someone who may have a set for sale, even if not perfect, please give me a shout. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

2. chevymantrucks

chevymantrucks Member

Hey,

I wish you well on your search i have been looking for short bed ones for years. :(

3. I.F. 59 Apache

I.F. 59 Apache Member

I would check ebay. I have seen 2 sets of short bed trims in the last 3 months. I have also been looking for long box trim as well, for a friend.

4. chevymantrucks

chevymantrucks Member

Hey,
    how much they sell for i never see them on ebay.:confused:

5. 348mechanic

348mechanic Member

hey man, I know where your at, I have been on the look for those long stainless steel pieces for my 1959 shortwide fleetside for 9 months, and all I got so far are the 4 end pieces for both bedsides.:(

I would check ebay is right because I in the last 3 months saw 2 complete sets sell for $1500, but they were for the shortwide. I also saw another set
    sell for $822 in salem,OR for the shortwide.

My buddy lauren got a longwide set 10 years ago for only $50 and
    cut them up to fit his 1959 shortwide fleetside, its like he stole them
    for that kind of money.:)

I saw a set on craigslist, so i called the owner and what do you know they already sold, and he tells me they got $3500 for the whole complete longwide set that he says was in mint condition. You know its like the deluxe trim package for the 1959 chevrolet fleetside is worht more than a whole complete truck project.

6. I.F. 59 Apache

I.F. 59 Apache Member

The ones I saw on ebay were sort box trims and they ended at 300$.

7. bonvo

bonvo Member

how difficult could it be to make this? why not just mesure how long it needs to be take a peice of ss sheet and go to town then bend it as needed??

8. chevymantrucks

chevymantrucks Member

I do not know why they are not repopin them.There is no way i'm payin $1500 for a set i will fill the holes first.I buy whole beds for $300.If that guy got $3500 for them who ever bought them is smoken crack!!:eek:I think it looks better with out them a cleaner look but i have a fleet side short bed with the holes for the trim.I would pay $300 not $1500 to $3500 for a set that is crazy.

Cliff

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2009
  9. 348mechanic

348mechanic Member

i just recently got a hold of someone and he has a set of the
    1959 deluxe trim package and I asked him how much he wanted for it and this what he said " I want $200 for each piece and I will not sell them individually" so since there is 4 pieces on each side of the longwide and shortwide which makes it a total of 8, what he is asking for the whole complete set is $1,600.00

I don't know why they don't start reproducing these parts
    since everyone is after them.

One thing I know is that my buddy loren was smart for buying his
    set of trim 10 years ago for that kind of money.

10. chevymantrucks

chevymantrucks Member

Hey,

Ya i wish i could find a set for $50 ....so the search goes on.....Let me know if you see a set on ebay .:)

Cliff

11. 348mechanic

348mechanic Member

Since the 1962-1966 chevy fleetside trucks all share the same bed trim which was 5 years in a row and the 1967-1972 chevy trucks share the same bed trim as well, that they have already started to sell reproductions of, and the 1958-1959 chevy fleetside bed is only a 2 year bed ......this is what I think over the situation in reproducing the trim package for 1958-1959 fleetside beds.

After having a brief talk/discussion with a couple of people including my buddy Lauren the reason i feel they wont reproduce the deluxe trim package for the 1959 fleetside bed is because its only a 1 year thing.

As many of us know starting in 1958 all they sold was the shortwide bed that sold way better than the cameo. Than come 1959 they still were selling the shortwide bed plus selling the longwide bed and including the deluxe trim package for that year only which makes it 2 years for this style of fleetside bed.

the reason I feel they won't reproduce the deluxe trim package for 1958-1959fleetsides is because it lasted only 2 years just like 1960-1961.:( thats also what other members at swapmeets I have been to have thought to, and not onyl that but there is not a huge number of people who like the fleetside bed as much as the stepside bed.:(

12. cmarch

cmarch Member

1958 1958 bed trim

I found a guy in Canada that reproduces this trim----905-725-3460

13. cmarch

cmarch Member

1958-1959---bed trim

Hey---try Bill's Truck---He has a few sets---905-725-3460

14. cmarch

cmarch Member

trim

A guy in Canada sells them---try him--905-725-3460

15. cmarch

cmarch Member

trim for bed

are you looking for the trim for your box?---try this guy in Canada 905-725-3460

16. 348mechanic

348mechanic Member

Cmarch thank you for the number I will give it a try and see if they still have reproductions of the deluxe trim.

Sorry for not responding early back in march.

There was an OE set for the longbed on craigslist in phoenix a week ago and he was firm on his price of $2,500.00

17. brettvrdy

brettvrdy Member

59 fleetside bed trim

I have a complete set of bedside trim off of a 1959 long fleetside pickup. This is all original trim and in excellent condition only a few very minor dings. The set includes of course all four long strips, and both end pieces for each side which have been professionally rechromed. I am looking to sell the complete set of bedside trim. Reply if interested. Note also have all of the cab stainless in good condition as well.

18. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Post pictures and they'll fly .

19. brettvrdy

brettvrdy Member