Raptor Liner today

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by LDO, Jul 8, 2015.

1. LDO

LDO Member

Spent the past two days spraying raptor liner on my parts for my 66 build. Ran out of material or I would have sprayed the inside as well but I'll be ordering some more soon. Got a lot done before I've got to go back to work next week so I'm happy I made a little progress on the truck.

Here are the pics!

Attached Files:

2. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

Lookin' good Bob! You happy with the results?

______
    John

3. LDO

LDO Member

heck yeah. I did the same thing on the wife's 57 and it turned out great and it has been holding up very well.

Everyone always comments on how clean the engine bay looks with this stuff sprayed on and the great thing is that you don't have to get your panels perfect like you would if you were going to paint them.

I did the back half of inside the cab then I ran out of material.

The key thing here is to have all your parts prepped and ready to go because once you mix this stuff, you prolly have about an hour or so to shoot it so i make sure everything is ready and hung on my makeshift rack, then i start spraying.

The gun cleans up really good with acetone.

I would keep the bottles of chem in the house where you don't have to worry about too much cold or heat in the shed. I found that out the hard way.:eek:

4. markeb01

markeb01 Member

I love that stuff. Best undercoating I've ever experienced, and much higher quality than done by Linex or Rhino as you do it yourself.