Sticking Clutch Pedal

Discussion in '1973-1987' started by kkhamil23, Sep 6, 2001.

1. kkhamil23

kkhamil23 Member

I have an 81 K20, and I just recently replaced the clutch with a Centerforce II with a Kevlar clutch plate. Before and now the clutch pedal will stick on the floor and go to the left (towards the high/low beam switch). It only sticks when it is completely pressed to the floor. I am thinking that it is either the bushings for the pedal assembly or the assembly rod is bent. Please advise if I am headed in the right direction or need to look elsewhere.
    Thanks

2. carryall

carryall Member

Look to see if the rod is bent, ck clutch linkage to see if bushings are in good shape and properly lubed, should be a zerk fitting. And I would replace pedal bushings the cost is nil,there are two different sizes two of the larger size and one small, it will make your pedal feel like new, any chevy dealer should have them in stock , Better warn you the pedal bushings are a ##### to put in,once you get past the pedal spring the rest is easy. carryall

3. kkhamil23

kkhamil23 Member

Thanks for your help. Now I just have to get down to the dealership to see what they can find for me.