Windshield

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by rix 48, May 9, 2015.

1. coonkka

coonkka Member

Kidding

R U kidding me??? that would be so awesome if you would do that ... I hv the # I will call you. I'll be working on the ole girl all weekend hopefully make some progress. :)

2. Haasman

Haasman Member

You are a good man Papy.

3. Zig

Zig Member

Seriously!

That rubber installation was ridiculous! My right arm hurt for two days afterwards!
    It's just a bunch of little rocking motions with that tool and a large bit of force/colorful language/adult beverages.

4. 51papy

51papy Member

I was almost all the way around and a slip put the tool through the rubber seal. Glad everyone had taken cover by then. I would hate to have to do that for a living! It's a "building character" job.

Papy

5. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Rubber Parts

FWIW , Chevy Duty is a TERRIFIC Vendor and has sterling Customer Service .

However , ther rubber bits like any other Chinese rubber , is worthless crap , don't bother , just go to Steele Rubber Co and struggle with their OnLine catalog , buy everything your truck will ever need , it's worth every penny .

6. coonkka

coonkka Member

Already got

Dang I already have from the host all the Rubber for all the Glass. Also have the rubber and corner glass in just needs the trim in it. So you all r tellin me to trash that and go to Steele right?? Is it really that big a difference?
    Karen and yes Papy you r a champ for offering to help me..:)

7. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Rubber Parts

Karen ;

Sadly yes , that's it .

You can always sell the rubber off in the classified section or at the local cars shows after you have it driving , trust me , folks will be happy to see the rubber lying on the floor with " FOR SALE " signs on the packages .