fuel problem

Discussion in '1973-1987' started by gregstg, Mar 20, 2002.

1. gregstg

gregstg Member

Hey everyone, I wanted to introduce myself by asking how I can get my truck running again. I've got a moderately customized '87 shortwide, with the factory 305 TBI. I rebuilt the TBI about 1.5 year ago. This fall I put in a TCI fuel cell in the bed, with an Aeromotive T1000 fuel pump & regulator. I also changed the fuel filter. The truck ran better than ever for about a month. Then it would lightly shudder when I was stopped with it in gear (like at a stoplight). Then it got to the point where I had to keep my foot on the gas when stopped to keep it from dying. After doing that for a couple weeks it totally died on me. I can start it, but I have to keep the gas almost floored to keep it running. Any ideas? I haven't tried anything yet, so I'm wide open to suggestions. Thanks!

2. 69STEPSIDE

69STEPSIDE Member

the system needs at 15psi i would check pressure fuel filter and pump i had a holley blue on mine it would get hot and quit after driving for a while then i put a factory in tank pump and havent had any problems good luck