Kansas guy saying hello and with a new project

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by kcgolfguy99, Sep 13, 2015.

1. kcgolfguy99

kcgolfguy99 Member

Bill, that would be great and so nice of you to do for me. Would you be able to put them in an envelope and send to me? Jeff Gasaway 508 S State Line Rd. Arcadia KS 66711 I will make sure to return the favor if I ever can for you or someone else.

2. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

It'll be in tomorrow's mail.

3. kcgolfguy99

kcgolfguy99 Member

Great, that is very nice.. I'll keep an eye out for them in the mail. Thanks again

4. Zig

Zig Member

Bill's that kind of guy! He spent a bunch of air time with me working through my distributor problem and even sent me jewel of a multi-meter to use/keep!!! With that instrument I am able to tune that old 228 to where it is today.
    He also sent me some wheel spacers when I was trying to get wheels to fit my transformed front axle and an original lock cylinder to mount on the driver's side door when I get a round tuit. ;)

5. kcgolfguy99

kcgolfguy99 Member

My mom was like Bill it sounds like as she was constantly doing nice things big and small for folks without them ever asking. World could sure use more of nice deeds.

6. kcgolfguy99

kcgolfguy99 Member

Papy, I didn't make it up to Ottawa today, but dang what a great day for truck show. I forgot we had our last golf tourney today..... If you would down the road, let me know of any truck shows in Wichita, Kc, Topeka, Ottawa etc. Thanks

7. Mike1951

Mike1951 Member

Jeff

I didn't make it either. Friend called and needed help with a deck. Did read they had 2016 cars registered at 5pm on Saturday afternoon. Oh well, there's always next year!

Papy

8. kcgolfguy99

kcgolfguy99 Member

I'm putting it on my schedule.. Is it the 3rd Saturday of Sept every year?

9. Mike1951

Mike1951 Member

Think that's right. Between my son in laws and customers I know when they send out early registration forms. Can't believe the amount of flak I'm taking at work for not making it.

10. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

WELCOME JEFF ! .

You'll find your old truck is in fact a very good tool , simple to operate and to repair / maintain too .

Don't be in too much of a hurry to tear it apart and up grade , just take the time to lubricate and adjust things , you'll find it's a good driver and unless it's a pre 1951 model year (I can no longer tell from this awful new board style) it also has very good brakes , once they're properly adjusted .

11. kcgolfguy99

kcgolfguy99 Member

Thank you Nate, yep its a 53 and just runs pretty darn good to be honest. I changed the oil and am getting ready to see if bleeding the brakes will help them. They are fairly sketchy so thought I'd start with that and rule that out before I do more etc. Pretty cool to find one that is still fairly reliable in original condition. I drive the country roads about 4 nites a week looking at all the huge Kansas deer, and love to fish, so even if I just use it for those two things, i'll get a lot of enjoyment out of it. Might look for one in non running condition and less money to take apart and start teaching myself how to restore lol A woodworker turned auto restorer will be quite the task ha. Thanks again nate, I see and read a lot of your comments for the other guys and thanks for taking the time to reply to my post.

jeff

12. kcgolfguy99

kcgolfguy99 Member

Bill, I got the decals in the mail today, thank you so much for sending to me. Really nice of you. Jeff

13. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

When will we get to see pictures of the gauges with new face decals ? .

14. kcgolfguy99

kcgolfguy99 Member

As soon as I get the gauge out... I have a new speedometer cable for it as well. I really hate to put any new decals on as all other decals are ok, just faded as they should be as they are over 60 years old, but the ones on the odometer are really faded and BARELY able to be read in just the right light.