Leadville 1954 3100

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by Lakeroadster, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

Saw this very nice 1954 at the Boom Days celebration in Leadville, Colorado. So nice I felt compelled to share some photo's here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    _____
    John

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  2. ccharr

ccharr Member

Really a nice looking truck.Thanks for sharing that John.

Lakeroadster likes this.
  3. 50 Chevy LS3

50 Chevy LS3 Member

That is a nice one. The bed interior treatment is a little different. Perfect stance.
    Excellent choice of wheels! :D
    I've stopped at the "Golden Burro", several times.

4. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

What I liked most was, other than the stance, they didn't mess with the classic styling of the truck.

What the General hath made let no man put asunder.... or something like that.

So is this a first series 55, or a 1954?

_____
    John

5. 50 Chevy LS3

50 Chevy LS3 Member

I'm thinking the only way to tell a '55 1st, from a '54 is, the '55 had a open driveshaft.
    I also like the original look of the body with all emblems and trim left in place. The truck looks super straight. Original bedsides without dings.
    The thing I don't really get is the wheel tubs. That six-popper certainly doesn't need tires wide enough for wheel tubs. So, why would someone cut such perfect embossed '54-'55 bedsides?
    We recently had a lesson here about how rare and un-available those bedsides are.

Looks like another good day out there.

Lakeroadster likes this.
  6. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

I recall the thread about the bed sides too.

Since we are critiquing, the wheel tubs look to be made from trailer fenders, time honored tradition, but their diameter looks way smaller than the diameter of the tires that were on the truck? I also noticed that the bed has a flat aftermarket tailgate too, no raised letters.

The reveal in the sides of the tubs are a slick touch.

Agreed that the tubs / wide meats aren't needed for the existing 6 cylinder.... but the builder might be forward thinking of more HP, or a prospective buyer.

Yeah, the weather has been stellar up here. Couldn't ask for anything better.

_____
    John

7. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Nice !

I like it ~ I think using the GM " Opti Clean " WSW bottle as a coolant purge tank is clever .

I was out working in Long Beach , Ca. this weekend in Tom's crew cab rig and passed a '54 for sale on a small side street , I wanted to stop and look at it (maybe a Hydromatic drive !) but we were on a super tight schedule and I was running late....

Lakeroadster likes this.
  8. coilover

coilover Member

I would guess it as a 55.1 going by the hood emblem. Also the tires look to be centered in the rear wheel opening while torque tube rears had the tire moved forward.

Lakeroadster likes this.