Best source for replacement rubber floor mat?

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Quilcene Roland, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Quilcene Roland

Quilcene Roland Member

Subject says it all... I know ClassicParts & LMC both offer a replacement floor mat, but don't know if one is better or worse or if there is a third vendor everyone likes (fwiw - Steele Rubber Co. doesn't list a floor mat).

Thanks,

Roland.

2. Greg_H

Greg_H Member

I have been told that Jim Carter has the only one that doesn't already have the clutch hole punched out to use with your hydra-matic but do not know this to be true. I have not yet bought one myself. I think they are perforated but not punched.

3. Quilcene Roland

Quilcene Roland Member

Greg - thanks!

Sure enough - the one on Jim Carter doesn't have the pedal holes cut out - just perforations on the back side - perfect for me!

4. 52wasp

52wasp Member

Roland,
    Thanks for asking this question! As I have removed the clutch pedal, and relocated the brake pedal, I was wondering how I would address the rubber mat... not that I need it TODAY, but now I know.

5. coilover

coilover Member

Mike, you stole my line,
    I have two signs on the wall and one says: "IF YOU NEED IT TO DRIVE TO WORK TOMORROW YOU HAVE IT IN THE WRONG PLACE".

Mike1951 likes this.
  6. Quilcene Roland

Quilcene Roland Member

Ok - I ordered and received the rubber mat from Jim Carter - and it is EXCELLENT!

Very nice quality rubber (supple); all the right molding marks as if from the factory on both sides; and, as hoped for: no holes in it (other than steering column).

Has very clear markings on where to cut on the back side for pretty much every standard item that might have projected thru it (pedals, dimmer switch, starter button, parking brake, gas pedal) - all of which are optional. . Could not be more pleased with it!

I have purchased many sets of rubber mats for my cars over the years from Weathertech (they are well made, and not cheap). This item for our AD trucks from Jim Carter is as nice or nicer then anything I have gotten from Weathertech.

Sorry to be such a cheerleader - but I am IMPRESSED!

7. 52wasp

52wasp Member

Cheerlead away! Glowing reviews (or the opposite) for a product or service help ALL of us. And given how many places we have to buy products or services these days, a referral helps to narrow the field.