What happened to TRUCKS?

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by coilover, Oct 11, 2015.

1. coilover

coilover Member

Was putting new tires on my Ranger so it was up on the lift. Needed to carry tires to shop just down the road because the air blower ring on our tire machine is not working. Four trucks in shop and not a single one that anything but soft pillows could be put in the box. Kinda defeats the idea behind trucks.

2. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

Sounds like Kens 50.

3. 50 Chevy LS3

50 Chevy LS3 Member

That's it, Evan, throw out the bait and sit and watch the bobber...

Steve.

4. 52wasp

52wasp Member

Funny, I thought EVERYTHING was bigger in Texas!

5. Zig

Zig Member

If I just had one...

6. 52Panelman

52Panelman Member

They have turned into the cars we wouldn't have be caught dead in in our youth!...... 4dr sedans.... Its pretty sad 30 grand and up for a truck that can't haul a full length 2x4!

Gotta laugh over at the local coal yard on Saturday mornings there is always a flood of old men in their new dually diesels, these things are all squirrelled out with just about every box store trinket you can imagine, nude girl mud flaps, custom grille guards, running boards aluminum wheels, stripe kits, xeon headlights and the list goes on.. Look behind every one and they are pulling one of those small carts that they bought at the local Lowes.. Me I pull up in my well worked and a bit rough 94 f***d
    Tell them how much I want and they dump in on. While I'm laughing about the nugget that just bounced off the roof and rolled across the hood, the old man in front of me has just pulled over at the exit and is out dusting off his rig with his hankerchief, it seems the moving of coal and loaders has stirred up a bit of black dust.. Realy old man who would have thought? oh and you need to wipe the tail gate again looks like something is smeared on it,,, you didn't use that hankerchief on the way over here this morning did you?s ...

7. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

Tough Crowd

When I was disassembling the bed on my 27 Ford Roadster Pickup I removed about a 1/4 cup of coal from the stake bed pockets.

So that's a truck, that's a roadster, getting coal.

Maybe that's why Henry was a fan of black trucks and black interiors?

This thread appears to be saying only Ford trucks are work trucks? I apologize for my part in that.

_____
    John :rolleyes:

8. 52wasp

52wasp Member

Geez, Evan throws the bait, and John throws down the GAUNTLET (on a GM truck forum no less)!

Here goes! While I am in the "4-door" truck crowd, I can safely say I use my truck like a TRUCK. Lumber, tools, a pallet of shingles, bark mulch, loam, a 60-cubic foot cooler full of Angus beef, and more dead game than I can count has graced the bed; while a boat trailer, landscape trailer, and car-trailers (open and enclosed) have found themselves secured to whatever ball size is needed out back. In one of my previous trucks (which I ordered with a rubber floor instead of carpet), I used to use BARK MULCH as an air freshener- sprinkled on the floor. Not a one in MY driveway has ever sported a blue oval (those are for chicks). GMC's of late just happen to be better looking than their bowtie-clad siblings (IMHO). Electric brake control anyone?

9. Bilbo

Bilbo Member

Well, Here's my 2 cents... Added air shocks to help with the trailer load. She "works", and "looks" too!! 20150418_145152.jpg 20150415_135457.jpg

Lakeroadster and Mike1951 like this.
  10. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

Fine looking rig you got there Bilbo.

_____
    John :)

11. Zig

Zig Member

Seriously!!! That is a mighty fine rig there Bill!
    When I get a bed on mine, I have no doubt it will be filled with loads of stuff too.

12. ccharr

ccharr Member

Bill, that set up with the trailer really does look great.

13. Bilbo

Bilbo Member

Thanks for the compliments, Guys! Man, I've been neglecting this site, I guess. Been struggling with my Left Knee replacement problems. I have learned that I am allergic to Nickel, and Cobalt. Surgical Stainless is 18 to 30% nickel, and 3 or 4 % cobalt. That's what my artificial knee is made of..... Going in for "Revision Surgery" November 18th to replace perfectly good components, with parts made of Zirconium and Ceramic. Third time for this surgery in 22 months.... Ay Carumba!

14. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

Maybe you could sell the removed parts on eBay???

15. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Sweet looking rig Bilbo ! .

The guys always freak out when I tell 'em I work my truck , wht the hell else would I have a TRUCK f'chrissakes ?! #confused# .

Buncha pansies #tongue# .

Using your beautiful old truck for work doesn't mean tossing drake drums or bricks into the bed from 20' away , it means you load it up and drive off .

ccharr likes this.