It's a GIRL!

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by coilover, Oct 30, 2015.

1. coilover

coilover Member

Nope, not one that calls for passing out cigars but a first for the shop. We stay in contact with McPherson college in Kansas and Wytech in Wyoming for auto restoration graduates with promise. Holly was at the top of her class at Wytech. Probably 5-4, 115 lbs if she is holding a hammer in one hand and a dolly in the other but can work a sanding block all day non-stop. Unbelievable sense of feel so when she says a panel is straight, it's STRAIGHT. Been here about four weeks and maybe four sentences out of her. She WORKS. IMG_3969.JPG

2. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

If you don't mess up and let her go somewhere else, she'll probably be running the place in a couple of years.

3. 52wasp

52wasp Member

Tell her she is missing out on NH foliage... my brother could use somebody who wants to WORK.

4. ccharr

ccharr Member

Great seeing her in there cranking out the work.

5. 50 Chevy LS3

50 Chevy LS3 Member

Evan, to get a young person like this girl you describe is extremely rare.
    It is like panning for gold. The work ethic in this nation today is horrible!
    I know, I come off as cynical and negative on this forum, sometimes, but, I see and hear about this every day.
    My advice about anyone you hire that is this good, take good care of them.

The good news is, for those who really work, and are good at what they do, should always be able to get a job.

Steve.

6. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Wow ~ this is good to see ! I always like seeing / hearing about Young Folks who understand hard work ethics .

I trained a Female VW Mechanic once , she was too lazy for my taste , always do the job ONCE and CORRECTLY .