Criminy , _NOW_ What ?!

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by vwnate1, Nov 24, 2015.

1. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Every time I make a reply , I get logged out and have to sign in again ?! #mad# .

This doesn't bode well .

2. Mike1951

Mike1951 Member

Hang in there Nate!!!!!! Proud to see you back!

mobileortho likes this.
  3. e015475

e015475 Member

Nate-

I like the low-key nature of this board, but was really frustrated trying to use it - especially for posting photos.

Nick, the site admin, was very helpful in resolving my issues with the site. You might want to drop him a note and explain your issues and see if he can help.

His contact information is on post 34 of my '49 GMC update here - 49 GMC Progress Report | Page 2 | Classic Parts Talk

Always appreciate your feedback and input - don't give up!

4. Nick

Nick Administrator Staff Member

Hi Nate,

I'm trying to see if I can reproduce this problem on my end, but I'm having some trouble (it's not doing that for me)...

After you click the Post Reply button, does it ask you right away to log in again; or does it bring you back to the thread with your post added, but you notice that you're no longer logged in at that point?
    Also, when you're logging in, do you use the "Stay logged in" option, or not?

Is it doing this every time you reply, or just occasionally?

5. coilover

coilover Member

Nate,
    What you may need is some tips from a non expert---phrases like idiot, moron, retard, and hopelessly computer stupid come to mind. With my credentials established here is how I handle this new format. I write in my post and hit reply and then when things go blank I go to the very bottom of the page and click on 47-54 which kicks me back on that forum. To get to another year forum I click on "Forums". If this advice doesn't work then I'm completely not surprised.

Chiro likes this.
  6. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Nick ;

Pretty much every time when I reply , I type in my reply and when I click the ' post reply ' button , it opens a window saying ' you have to be logged in to do that ' .

Same deal on every computer I've tried .

Sigh .

7. Zig

Zig Member

It is logging you out way too fast. That used to happen to me on the old forum, if I was typing something and had to stop for a moment to get another drink or something, #rolleyes# (you know me...) by the time I hit post, it would say I needed to log in. Yep, FRUSTRATING.
    Knock on wood, it hasn't happened to me yet with the "new" look thing.

8. Tubby

Tubby Member

What operating system are you using?
    Windows? Chrome? Safari?
    Is this happening when your on a PC? Mobile device?

How are your cookies set? If your brouser is set not to accept any cookies you might be automatically logged out.

I don't know the answer but maybe someone might be able to figure it out if they knew more details

I've been on here on PC using chrome and mobile device using safari and have not had a log out issue

But on another site I have a logout issues only if I use Windows

Good luck

9. DeadZoneTruckin

DeadZoneTruckin Member

Sounds like you need to adjust yer valves Nate..

10. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Joe :

But , butt ~ I installed hydraulic lifters ! #wink# .

I use Windows XP or 7 on all the various machines .