Sun visor location

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by Eki, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Eki

Eki Member

Hi,

Do you have picture from the point where the inside sun visor is connected? Some measures would also be helpful.

From my truck the original sunvisor has been replaced by totally different kind of sunvisor and original sunvisor attachment point is hidden somewhere under the the filler and paint. Now I am installing the original ones but can't find the original location.

Thank you.

Best regards from snowy Finland.
    Eki

2. Justsuper9

Justsuper9 Member

Hey Eki, it just so happens I have the holes drilled for my sun visors and have not yet put them on. I'll take some photos and measurements and get them up as soon as I can.

3. Eki

Eki Member

Hi justsuper9. Did you get your sunvisor installed? Have you any measurements for me to install sunvisors.
    Thank you!

4. trucktony

trucktony Member

1959 passenger car and truck accessories installation refference manual
    At page 269 it shows a template to be used for guidens to drill the holes
    partnumber 987995
    I hope the scan comes forward on this reply
    Or maybe someone else can help you out or get the accessories booklet

Attached Files:

• IMG.jpg
      IMG.jpg
      File size:
      53.6 KB
      Views:
  5. trucktony

trucktony Member

made a template from the driversside inside sunvisor hole
    center from hole is ABOUT
    measured from the weldingseam as in the accessorie booklet
    horizontaly 45 mm from the round curve of the window straight upwards 55,3 mm
    up via the curve of the window measured from the seam 30mm straight angle from the window 61mm

Hole is 1,5 " is 38mm

Ignore the measurment on the template (the where "as about" figures)

Use your screwplate on your sunvisor as a refference for the 3 small holes 3mm

BE AWARE to hold the sunvisor pivot rod verticaly so it's not out of line when you use the sunvisor for your side/door window

lOOK AT THE SCAN FROM THE ACCESSORY BOOK CLOSELY.

I wil be happy to send the template to you if I have your adres PM to me
    Tony

Attached Files:

6. Dan Lambert

Dan Lambert Member

Interesting read. I replaced the visors and brackets in my 58 Fleetside recently, and the original bracket on the passenger side was rotated about 5-10 degrees counter clockwise from the driver side. When I mounted the new bracket the visor hung down at an odd angle instead of horizontal, so I actually had to drill new holes to mount the new bracket. I also noticed that the screws from the original bracket completely missed the reinforcement backing, but the new ones now go through it correctly. Crazy!

7. AZ58Cameo

AZ58Cameo Member

Not trying to insult anyone's intelligence here at all, but just want to add FWIW that maybe is not mentioned is the Visors are Handed, Left & Right
    should be marked on the mount LH or RH , I only say this because I found out the hard way and had two drivers side's and it made a Big Difference
    in having the right passenger side RH once installed, Just saying and hope this might Help!
    Allen

8. Dan Lambert

Dan Lambert Member

Very true Allen, one could miss that bit of information with irregular shaped mounts like these. In my case I clearly had both LH and RH markings on the new brackets, but as I mentioned yesterday, the original screw holes on the passenger side appeared to have been rotated, at the factory, to accommodate the configuration of the original RH bracket, and did not work with the new bracket. Darn near returned the new one until I discovered the hole rotation.