Bolt on Mustang II IFS

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by mobileortho, Jan 2, 2016.

1. mobileortho

mobileortho Member

image.jpeg The hose kit for my power rack included these brass fittings. The instructions say they're supposed to go into the ports on the rack if the rack didn't have them factory installed. Mine don't appear to have these, but when installed the hose won't screw on. What am I doing wrong?

2. Chiro

Chiro Member

I don't think those actual crush washers/fittings need to be installed from the factory in the rack. I think what they mean is if the rack does not have the proper mating surface for the hose end. I had the same problem once with a radiator I put in my suburban. It came with fittings that I could not figure out why the cooling lines would not bolt into the radiator if I installed. Talked to my guy I got the radiator from and he said the radiator was already set for the proper hose ends. Check it out.

Andy

3. mobileortho

mobileortho Member

Disregard the crush washer package in the pic, I didn't realize it was in the shot. it's the brass fittings I was concerned about. I ended up have another hose made as the one for the pressure port was the wrong size & shaved a bit of the bottom of the brass fitting on the return side so it would fit. I'll know if that worked when I get to a point to where I cant fire it up to check for leaks.

4. mobileortho

mobileortho Member

Still got a few things to do but couldn't wait to stick a fender on to see what it would look like. Haven't bought the larger wheels as planned (18", buying a house right now so they have to wait) so I'm using the old ones for now. These are 17 x 7 with a 1.25 adapter as they are the big Chevy bolt pattern.

Attached Files:

5. Zig

Zig Member

Alright, Robert~ It's been long enough now. Progress report, please.

6. mobileortho

mobileortho Member

image.jpeg Just about done. Only thing left to do is hang the sheet metal wnd road test it. Fingers crossed!!

52wasp likes this.
  7. Zig

Zig Member

Awesome, Robert!!! Hopefully you can drive it from there to your new home soon? That looks fantastic!!!
    Thanks for the update as well! I know you were looking to lengthen some things and shopping for a new home, so your plate is full. I'm just glad to know that you are now this close to getting it rolling after being so close to saying WTH!!! God bless!

8. mobileortho

mobileortho Member

image.jpeg Finished! Haven't driven it yet but can't wait! I may end up raising it up an inch or so as the tires rub ever so slightly, thank God for the ride height adjusters!

9. 50 Chevy LS3

50 Chevy LS3 Member

Robert, how's the "rake" look? Are you going to have to lower the rear now?

Steve.

10. mobileortho

mobileortho Member

The IFS has ride height adjusters, I'm going to raise the front a an inch or so. I already removed a couple of leafs from the rear, don't feel comfortable taking out any more.