Nate, where are you?

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by 52wasp, Nov 2, 2015.

1. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

By the way, I'm not dead. Been busy as hell painting murals and building other people's cars. Working on a 41 ford....coyote engine, roadster shop chassis, power everything but all hidden yo appear as stock as possible. Also a 76 bronco custom build. 70 chevy truck revival....been napping since 03. Couple a 50 chevy trucks. I've been hanging out on Facebook in the 47 to 54 chevy tech page.

2. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

If you are a Facebook user, I'm Russ Petty from pineville nc.

3. 50 Chevy LS3

50 Chevy LS3 Member

Nate, congratulations on reaching retirement. But, I'm guessing it won't be "retirement", lots of things to do. You just get to decide a little more what to do.
    I'm guessing the "junk yarding" will increase?
    You are in SOCAL., maybe learn to surf?
    I would sure like to get where I could pick what I do and for whom. Don't really want to quit working, just like to do things that interest me more.

Russ, I'm fairly certain you could post whatever your doing here, and we would enjoy following along.

Steve.

4. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

Lots of o.t. builds....41 ford tudor with coyote engine, roadster shop chassis, all electronic everything, but all hidden.
    76 bronco full custom.
    70 chevy truck revival, not running since 03.
    2 50 chevy trucks, one a little punchlist work, the other a full straightening out, lots of d.p.o. rigging and flat out poor craftsmanship.

5. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

6. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

7. 52wasp

52wasp Member

Nate, Today is the Day. Congratulations!

8. 50 Chevy LS3

50 Chevy LS3 Member

Well, it has been two months now and not a peep out of Nate.
    Either it is true what they say about retirement, you know, about being busy, or, Nate was doing all his forum activity while on the clock at work.
    Nate, if that is true, dont you think you owe 'em some hours, make-up, time? Hummm...?

Steve.

9. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Greetings from Scenic Grants , New Mexico ! .

I'm amazed at how busy I have been .

I'd though I responded to a few Tech Questions , I guess not .

It's been raining a fair bit in the upper Desert so everything is GREEN and smells lovely too .

Not as many old nails lying about the Desert like there used to be =8-( .

I'm going to meet some of my Siblings and putter around the Navajo Nation .

10. morabuffalo

morabuffalo Member

Nate, congrats, welcome to NM! At one time the Grants/Gallup area was loaded with all sorts of neat looking stuff...still is but more the views. I would suggest (if you have not yet done it) getting the federal government's Senior pass for ten bucks. Gets you and a couple of family into places like the Grand Canyon, Carlsbad Caverns, stuff near your vacation and more. Handy little card! Oh, and in Texas...National Sea Shore on Padre Island. It is a neat deal. I am sure glad that I did, while saving lots of money.
    rod

11. 50 Chevy LS3

50 Chevy LS3 Member

Wow, Nate, I rang your phone and you picked right up.
    I been missing your input here.
    I wish I was with you. I've got a real desire to head west for awhile. May get to do it yet this summer.

You know we would look at pictures of your adventures here, whatever they are...

Steve.

12. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Greetings from Beautiful Albuquerque, New Mexico ! .

I've been here a few days but have problems signing on.....o_O .

Anyways , it's just lovely here , a bit hot some days but I'm having lots of fun on the first real slow , do whatefver with zero rush vacation I've had in over a decade .

I was able to find a couple Chevy/GMC G-Series Sport Vans with 250 i6 and three on the tree , I don't need 'em and no one else here seems to care :oops: .

To -day, Friday is the last day before my Siblings show up so I think I'll just go wander 'round the neighborhoods some more :cool: .

13. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Saturday afternoon .

Whew, the mornings here are HOT ! .

My Brother arrived last night with his full compliment of tools so off we went to the U-Pay&Pull Junk Yard on Broadway where I got busy and scored over $1,000.00 worth of new and recently rebuilt auto parts for a paltry $101.93 including tax, core charges and lots of sweat and grease from head to toe :p .

How did you alls spend your Labor Day weekend ? .

14. 50 Chevy LS3

50 Chevy LS3 Member

Well, so far, Nate, I've washed and greased two semi-trailers and one Kenworth. Then, I started pondering the task of repairing the damage to the fiberglass hood from a 50 mph contact with a darned hoosier whitetail. Aggravating, dumb things. They just run out in front of a loud, heavy, vehicle that is lit-up like a Christmas tree.
    That one won't do it again...

Steve.

15. 52wasp

52wasp Member

Steve, someday I'll share the story of not ONE, but TWO road-kill deer, less than 20 minutes apart... nothing like a stepdaughter with the wherewithall to request she "keep the deer" to which the officer obliged, followed by my lovely fiancee happening upon a second roadkill whilst en route to my house to dress out her daughters critter! Suffice it to say, 91 lbs of venison found their way into the freezer! When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!