Looking for wiper control switch??

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by scottytahoe, Jul 30, 2016.

1. scottytahoe

scottytahoe Member

I borrowed this pic from Coilover and was curious if any of you know where I can get the switch for the vacuum style wiper motor? I bought the rod that goes from motor to switch and also bought the wiper control knob but I can't find the part that actually bolts to the dash. You can see it in the pic below the part on that has the threads.

Photo by 1950Cabover

2. john1

john1 Member

I looked high and low for a new one, finally gave up and bought a used one off eBay. They show up from time to time, the buy it now prices are usually more than you want to spend for such a simple piece.

3. scottytahoe

scottytahoe Member

Thanks John! I did find one late last night and same thing, was looking high and low for a year now and as of late last night one popped up as a new original in box which was about $40 plus shipping. I'm going to jump on it I guess.

4. Joseph Martinez

Joseph Martinez Member

If you haven't paid the $40 yet, I have one and I'll let you have it for $10 . I can post a photo of it tomorrow if you're interested .

5. penniwinkle

penniwinkle Member

I too have one of these (the part that bolts to the dash). I do not have the 'nut' that holds it to the dash. Its plastic (the lever on top) and is discolored. Maybe it can be cleaned up some or painted. Its been laying in my tool box for a few years. Will be happy to let it go for free if you pay postage. I can probably post a photo. Maybe you can send a private msg and let me know. Its off of my 1951. I have seen new 'knobs' on our host's site...one is chrome and other is plastic and are for specific year. I assume the old plastic knob will 'pop' off (pry off) and can be replaced with one of those new ones.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
    scottytahoe likes this.
  6. Joseph Martinez

Joseph Martinez Member

My lever is not plastic. It's chrome metal.

7. Joseph Martinez

Joseph Martinez Member

My knob is chrome metal. Here's a photo:
    ad wiper knob.jpg

scottytahoe likes this.
  8. scottytahoe

scottytahoe Member

You guys are awesome!! Thank you! Unfortunately it was already shipped this morning. It would have been nice to save some money but oh well. Will ask you guys next time. Thanks again. I thought it was one of those parts that is hard to find and must jump on it as soon as possible.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
    Joseph Martinez likes this.