Vent window vertical weatherstrip

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Bill Hanlon, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

Do you know of a vendor that sells just the pair of vertical vent window weatherstrip rubbers that contact the rear edge of the vent window on 51-55.1 trucks? Our host and many of the old truck parts suppliers sell a kit for around $30 that includes what I want as well as the much larger pieces that the seal the other two edges of the vent window.

The seals currently on my truck were shipped with our host's almost $300 a side, chrome vent window assembly and have crapped out in 3 years.

Of course Steele Rubber has them for a little over $30. Could they really be that much better?

2. Elky67

Elky67 Member

i donĀ“t know, if this is any help, but all the rubber i bought from c.p is pretty much dead. cracked after two years....
    i think steele is best.

3. coilover

coilover Member

The made in the USA ones I have dealt with are: Steele in NC, Metro Molded Products in Minneapolis, and Soft Seal in Ohio. Steele has a huge inventory of molds and dies so usually use them but if a real orphan where no one has a die or mold on hand then Metro will work with you. There is no comparison between foreign and American rubber and of course the price reflects this. Can't swear that anyone but Steele has them but you can check it out and compare prices.

4. Guest5979

Guest5979 Guest

Truck shop in orange ca has seal and rivet kit I just picked up the seals and rivet kit today

5. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Bill ;

As you know, I'm close to dirt poor and have raggedy old rigs .

I still only ever buy Steele Rubber Products because the fitment and quality are the same as OEM when our trucks were new .

Switch to cheap Beer for a Month and the budget will balance out , you'll be happier too ;) .