arm rests

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by 3100, Aug 15, 2015.

1. 3100

3100 Member

Wondering if anyone has experience installing the armrests from Classic Parts? I have a '57 Chevy stepside. Classic sent a template but it doesn't quite match the door panel for my truck. On the template the window and door handles are shown at different levels while mine are at the same level. Also the template drawing shows a different raised contour than mine. Sorta want to drill the holes once in the correct location. Any ideas? Thanks.

2. Corey

Corey Member

We have never heard that before, could you send us a picture of the arm rest and template so we can make sure you have the right one? Send an email to Corey@classicparts.com and we can get it taken care of.

3. Dan Lambert

Dan Lambert Member

I just installed armrests from Classic Parts on my 58 Chevy Fleetside and they fit perfectly.

4. Jitty57

Jitty57 Member

I also bought arm rest for my 57 stepside and the template did not match. I took the door panel off by removing the door handle, window crank and the screws from the panel. Under the panel on the door I found two welded nuts on the door that matched the arm rest bolt holes. I made a template from the holes that held the panel on and the welded nuts on the door and matched it up to the screw holes on the panel that I removed. Drilled the holes for the arm rest. Install the panel and then the arm rest. Worked great for me. You can use the template for the other side by just flipping it over. Hope this helps out.