Passenger side hood side needed '47-'54, or full hood

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Chiro, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Chiro

Chiro Member

Within driving distance of the metropolitan NY area. Bought 2 hood sides, right and left, at the Carlisle swap meet last week. My friend took them home for me on his trailer and wound up losing the passenger side somewhere in NJ:eek:. So...does anybody have a '47-'54 passenger side hood side available? I like to drive so don't be bashful if you think it's too far away. And yes, I know the '47-'53 hood has different mounting holes for the front emblem than the '54 but that doesn't really matter all that much. Hit me up if you have one or even a full hood that's in good shape.

I will also put this in the "wanted" section but I don't think anybody really checks that all that much.

thanks,

Andy

2. coilover

coilover Member

Andy,
    I have several hoods in decent shape but Texas is a LONG drive. Supposed to rain tomorrow but if not I'll go down to the storage yard and see what is there. May have one damaged on the left side but no promises there. Joe may have a side only but Arizona is really a long drive. Used to have friends that were OTR drivers that would throw something on the load and drop it at a dock that was usually within driving distance of just about anywhere. They're all retired now which seems to be the story when one gets my age #*%!!.

3. DeadZoneTruckin

DeadZoneTruckin Member

I have stacks of nice Arizona hoods.

If I had known earlier, I could have arranged for one to go on our truck to Carlisle.

The cheapest way to ship a whole hood is by Greyhound bus...

But

The assembled hood dimensions are larger than what Greyhound will accept
    {won't fit on the bus}.
    You have to split the hood in two & sandwich the 2 halves together for Greyhound to accept the package.

It's a real PITA for the shipper to prep. the hood for Greyhound to even accept the package.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  4. Corey

Corey Member

5. 52wasp

52wasp Member

Andy,
    I am going to weld both halves of my hood together. Upon successful completion of said task, my spare hood will be available.