Almost too easy

Discussion in '1967-1972' started by coilover, Nov 22, 2016.

1. coilover

coilover Member

We have put LS engines into probably a dozen different kinds and years of rides but the one in the 70 GMC was the first for this style truck. Fit like a glove. We did make a dip in the top frame flange to clear the stock p/s pump but this would not be necessary if one used a remote reservoir pump. All hoses, wires, links, etc. fit and the muffler shop is going to hug us when they see the exhaust outlets setting out in the wide open spaces. Even the weird lower water neck lines up to the cross flow radiator neck. Engine is the all aluminum LS3 for the Camaro/Corvette application but any LS would be easy if one wasn't looking for mega horsepower. I have always liked the way these trucks ride and drive but never knew of one that could pass a gas station. The same engine/trans in an AD gets well over 20mpg so even with the square as a brick frontal area I think it will knock on the door of 20mpg.
    Any California or Hawaii guys have a heater delete plate? Fabbed one out of stainless to mount relays and computer stuff but would like a factory plate to copy; Thanks, Evan

IMG_4223.JPG IMG_4224.JPG IMG_4225.JPG IMG_4226.JPG IMG_4227.JPG

2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Nice work Evan ! .

My '69 C/10 is just the base model truck, side mount stepper, light duty springs etc. ~ I added some Bilstein shocks and Falken LT tires and wow ~ it handles great and still rides O.K. .