Thank you Santa

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by coilover, Dec 28, 2016.

1. coilover

coilover Member

Wife gone to be with kin, guys gone from shop, no lights to take down, no tree to get rid of, no reindeer crap to clean off roof, seats up on all three commodes, 55 Chev HT and 34 5 window coupe up on lifts, shop completely silent except for occasional fart(I'm old) and Roy Orbison's "Black and White Nights" on the player. Santa was good to me. Hope he was to you too.

2. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

That's a pretty good Orbison concert album. Santa brought me the latest Stones album (Blue and Lonesome), Melissa Etheridge's "Memphis Rock and Soul" and a 2 CD set of Bob Wills. I have chauffeur duty on a 400 mile trip scheduled for Friday and we all know the radio rule, "driver gets to pick the music".

3. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

Nice quiet shop time can be a little therapeutic. I've got a pantera in mine.....not therapeutic at all.

4. coilover

coilover Member

Russ,
    Glad to hear from you! Been wondering about your 41 Ford. When I had my big shop my tune up guy was not of the most upstanding character (wife swapping/funny cigarettes) but was known as one of the best on engines. There was always several of the exotics with the engine under the back window that he was standing on his head to work on. One was a Pantera owned by a Houston Oilers quarterback from long ago named Dan Pastorini. The ten jillion rpm Lambo's and Ferrari's were impressive once wound up but the 351 in the Pantera was a brute from the get-go.