New guy on the block!

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GMC Pickups Talk' started by Txlearmech, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Txlearmech

Txlearmech Member

Dream Big, Dare to Fail!!

Hey all! Finally found a good forum that hit the nail on the head for me. Looks like a good resource for everyone. Currently playing around with my 63 short step I got in April 04. Two jobs and two small kids, time is short!! Got a 230 3spd for now. Aquired a 283 power pack out of a 65 for cheap. Have a local eng builder that is well known for his engines and even holds or did hold some records at Bonneville. He is going to build it for me in the next few months. Would like to put a Muncie car tranny behind it, but still in the research phase to see if it is going to work. Also looking for an original seat with sliders. Dont too much care about the color or fabric condition. I'm in the aircraft business so I have contacts that can fix me up with some new upholstery. Would like the frame and sliders to be in good shape though. Keep up the good work and look forward to talking with all of you!
    Nikolaus

2. Old77

Old77 Member

Welcome to the site, Nikolaus. I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but I do have a bench seat out of my truck that is in very good shape that I would sell to you for cheap. All of the hardware is in create working order and the foam and everything is also in good shape. However, it is out of my 77 so it's not original to a 63 but I'm pretty sure you could still make it work if you wanted to and it'd be a very reasonable price. Let me know if you're interested.

3. Txlearmech

Txlearmech Member

Definately interested! Not too important that it be original, but I would like it to bolt in. I'd like some pictures if possible, and if you could give me the dimensions of the mounting holes. That would be great! Also where do you live and what price are we looking at and how can we ship this sucker. Send me an e-mail with this info to txlearmech@charter.net Thanks!
    Nikolaus

Dream Big, Dare to Fail!!