Original Vs. Reproduction

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Dj Ser DNA, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Zig

Zig Member

Nate!

Nate~ remember!

Rattle Rattle!!!:D

A truck that shines in NO time!:p

2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Lakka Lakka Lakka....

Oh yeh ~ I won't forget :rolleyes:

My '49 does in fact shine , even though it's only a $300.00 paintjob . it's just a rough , cobby old workhorse , kinda like a mechanic I know..... :rolleyes:

3. f4fantm2

f4fantm2 Member

I Like It!!

Thanks, Gater. I really like the looks of that faceplate. I wonder where he got it. I'll have to start checking all the vendors or just e-mail those guys and try to find out.

After looking at the picture, I thought maybe I'd solved a mystery that's been buggin' me for months. My original dash was rusted really bad, so I put in a new repro dash. While worrying about the welding, windshield sealing up, etc, I didn't think anything about two small holes in the dash until I put that radio in. One is almost exactly where the upper left corner of the faceplate in that picture is, and the other is about halfway up the dash above the inside edge of the glove box door. I have no idea what those holes are for, unless maybe it's something for a later model truck than mine, a '50. My old dash didn't have them. If I can't figure it out, I'll have to fill the holes and repaint the dash. Anybody got any ideas?

4. Classic Bob

Classic Bob Member

I have a reproduction radio in my classic Chevy truck. I was just preferred that over converting the original since it came with a two year warranty.

5. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

That looks pretty nice ! .

I'm pretty sure I have a decent original AD radio in a box buried in the back of my kitchen if ever I clean all that junk out before I die, I'll sell it not having an AD anymore .

I miss driving that old thing, believe me #redface# .

6. Depoebay

Depoebay Member

When I got my 52, it looked like someone used a Sawzall to install an aftermarket radio. After lots of fab work my body man and I came up with this. An aftermarket radio will allow you to go crazy.

The 55 did not have a radio in her, and the dashboard wasn't hacked. I knew I was going to install an aftermarket radio. But needed to cover the original radio holes. Could not find a "radio delete" panel so I came up with the Advance Design gee gaw.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Attached Files: