Radio

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Paul Burgett, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Paul Burgett

Paul Burgett Member

I just bought a USA-630 radio from you for my 1949 Chevy truck. I tried hooking it up today and it's not working. I hooked up the red, ignition, wire to a wire that was hot when the ignition is on and a ground. I hit the switch and nothing came on. I checked the in-line fuse and it was good. Any ideas?

2. Bilbo

Bilbo Member

Paul, I think you probably need to call our Host to get advice. They don't necessarily read each post here. I might suggest checking to see if there is another wire that is supposed to be hot all the time in addition to the "hot when key is on" wire. I have the same radio in my truck. Also, look in the radio wire harness and check the fuse in the small black box. Also the radio fuse in fuse panel, if you're using a modern fuse panel. Hope this helps. BTW, welcome to the forum.

3. Paul Burgett

Paul Burgett Member

Mornin' Bilbo,
    Got it working. I'm kind of new at this digital stuff. I miss the good old days of going down to a Kragen Auto Supply and picking up a Craco am/fm analog radio. 4 wires and you're done!! Anyway, I didn't know you had to also have the constant hot hooked up. The book said to make sure the "orange" wire was hooked up. but there wasn't an orange. It was the yellow. Bottom line: it's working. Have you tried that inside antenna Classic Parts has? I got one and it has a wire running the length on the cable that has a tag on it about hooking to the electric antenna wire. Not sure about that. Thanks for your help. I see you're in Magnolia, TX. I'm from Ft. Worth. I'm in Wisconsin now. Thanks again. Paul B.

4. Bilbo

Bilbo Member

Hey Paul. Are you going to the PATE SWAP MEET on April 27 thru 30? I'm planning on being there. Give a call and I'll guide you to our spot! 361 455 3334

5. Paul Burgett

Paul Burgett Member

Mornin' Bilbo,
    Unfortunately I'm in Wisconsin now, so I probably won't make it. Pate was always a must do every year along with Decatur and Arlington Stadium. Have a good time.