Anyone used a AD engineering kit for an S10

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by 53mess, May 31, 2017.

1. 53mess

53mess Member

Looking for someone that has used an AD engineering kit for a conversion of S10 frame. I have a kit but no instructions.

2. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

Evan has done at least one AD Engineering conversion, but he never reads the directions. #biggrin#

If you'll click on "search forums" and then enter "AD Engineering" IN DOUBLE QUOTES in the "keywords" field you'll get a couple pages of hits referring to the AD Engineering kit.

3. 52wasp

52wasp Member

Guilty as charged. All I'll need to do is FIND the instructions, and I can send you a copy in a PM. I can tell you the instructions (at least for the "older kit", which is what I have) don't address bumper mounting.

4. 53mess

53mess Member

Thanks that's the kit I've got. Bought kit then had to put everything on hold had a 25 pound tumor took out of stomach then three back surgeries last one taking a total of seven disc out and rods put in

5. coilover

coilover Member

As a matter of fact we have done several AD Engineering S10 swap kits and would do more but Robert has health problems and shut down his operation. One of the first kits he sold we put under the maroon 52 on his "customers rides" on his web page. Never did read any directions but did make a modification he used in later kits.

6. 53mess

53mess Member

any help would be appreciated i got the cab mounts mounted but nothing else before all the surgeries. Im gonna put a 6.0l out of escalade in it when done. pics would also be helpful

7. 52wasp

52wasp Member

Check your Inbox!

8. Chad

Chad Member

Would you happen to have those instructions? I bought the kit several years back. Just got around to playing with the old truck and realized that I lost the instructions in the flood 2 years ago

9. coilover

coilover Member

Bill's right,
    I usually discard instructions so I can do it the right way or at least my way (ie the lazy way). The first AD-Engineering kit we did I emailed Robert pics of the mods we made which he then incorporated in his later kits. I have real time photos of each build step but being a moron on computers I don't try to do a build sequence like Russ (Ol Chebby) but do have everything from radiator positioning to rear bumper brackets in the photo file. If you know a 10 year old kid that lives near me I'm sure he/she could put them on a plug in which I would then KNOW how to drop in a mail box at the post office. Guess we have done maybe a dozen S10 conversions but I personally favor the MII front/coilover rear set up for both ride and handling, (now that the AMC Pacer IFS is extinct).

10. coilover

coilover Member

And when you get more S10's than AD's needing frames you can even , gasp, pretty up an S10.

IMG_4576.JPG IMG_4577.JPG IMG_4575.JPG IMG_4579.JPG

11. Chad

Chad Member

I wish I knew someone from your area lol. I could use the pics! This is my first big build. I had done a lot of research years ago when I first got it but then life got in the way. And my brain has been washed from all the stuff I had looked up. Just trying to get back in it.

12. Chad

Chad Member

13. Timmy

Timmy Member

36912FF2-3005-4FE8-A899-0504A77DE7B6.jpeg 0F14005E-7895-456B-89FC-256C312CFC71.jpeg 417974CC-DC05-47AC-BD2C-9E207B4DFA0C.jpeg I could use instructions too. Starting work after 10 years. Think mine were lost in a move....

14. Sandpiper53

Sandpiper53 Member

Mike...I have the same need...bought the kit several years back and have lost instructions...can you forward to me? Much appreciated ...sandpiperrg@gmail.com

15. coilover

coilover Member

Guy's,
    If you want to read over a really crude "how too" you can go back to June 9, 2018 and read my post: "Okay---Here Goes". This was AD Engineering kit #3 so later ones had been tweaked but basics are the same. Right now the post is on page 8