Winch/ Pushbar Combo Question

Discussion in '1973-1987' started by 79Scottsdale, Jul 7, 2003.

1. 79Scottsdale

79Scottsdale Member

I have a 79 Chevy Scottsdale, and enjoy doing occasional off-roading. I want to outfit my front end with a winch and a pushbar/grille guard combo. I have been able to find winch mounting systems that would fit my year, but if I were to install this then a pushbar could not be installed without modification. I have also found pushbars that would fit my trcuk, but then I would have to modify the bumper or pushbar for winch aplication. Is there any model that is a winch mount/ pushbar combo that would fit my year? I have found a WARN system that fits 81-87 Chevy 1/2-3/4 ton 4by4 trucks( http://www.4wheelonline.com/comkitmounpl.html), would I be able to apply this to my 79? I have looked at 81 trucks and the front end does not seem different than my 79. Please help!!!

2. chevy_man_3

chevy_man_3 Member

Hi, The main difference between the 1979 and 1980 to the 1981 -87 models besides sheetmetal is the bumper style and how they are mounted to the frame.

Vince

3. 79Scottsdale

79Scottsdale Member

Would one be able to mount the pushbar with minimal modifications? I am not an expert machinest, and do not have acces to many specialized tools? What do you recomend?