Big tip of the Texas hat to all of you down Texas way...

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Zig, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Zig

Zig Member

I sure am sorry to hear about all you have coming at you down there. I know there are a bunch of fine fellers down there that are in the way of this storm.
    I hope you are able to stay safe and keep your rides above the water.
    Thinking of you, and wishing you the best.

2. booger

booger Member

Hey Zig. Thanks and say prayers for all our neighbors. Lived all my life here and never seen this kind of devastation in over 60 years. Thankfully water did not quite make it in our house. And truck is 80 miles west of here high and dry

3. Zig

Zig Member

So how did all you Texans do? Several current and past members live down around where all this stuff happened. It would be great if you could let us know you made it through intact.
    Thanks, and God bless.
    Booger, I hope it stayed that way for you!

4. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

Zig & all:

Cathy and I moved to temporary housing near Fredericksburg Texas (90 miles west of Austin, 200 miles west of Klein, a Houston suburb) almost 3 weeks ago while our retirement home is being built nearby. Our house in the Houston suburbs is on the market and made it through Harvey with no problems.

I talked to Bilbo yesterday. He had water in his yard, but it did not get into the house or garage.

I guess its just clean living.

5. Zig

Zig Member

Glad to hear that, Bill! Thank God it looks like you all will have a break from all that now.

6. Bilbo

Bilbo Member

20170831_133806.jpg 20170831_163334.jpg 20170831_163334.jpg Hey Zig! Thanks for the inquiry. I've been keeping a low profile around this site lately. No particular reason, just haven't had truck problems I guess. We had water up in yard to within 8 inches, (vertical) of the bottom brick. Chance if a big truck came barreling through we might have had a wave wash in! That did not happen. Rain slacked off for a couple of hours, and the level dropped to about 12 inches. No further problems. Just waited for the moat to go down. We had a total of 36 3/4 inches of rain! My Daughter and her family live about 20 miles from me, and they had no problems, so She and I spent the last couple of days providing sack lunches for some crews that were "gutting" houses. Got a pic of Clarabelle doing some work.

7. Bilbo

Bilbo Member

Made some trips to a couple of the flooded areas last couple of days!! Man, it's heartbreaking to see how many people have to gut their homes and rebuild, not to mention all the furniture, fixtures, and most important, all the "memories".

8. Zig

Zig Member

Glad to hear it, Bilbo! Looks like you are putting that beautiful GMC to good work! Anyone hear if Thunder54 (Jim) made it through okay? Ken's 50? Coilover? [Evan] (to name a few more)

9. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

I talked to Ken yesterday. His extended family came through OK without flooded houses.

Zig likes this.
  10. Zig

Zig Member

Thanks, Bill. Glad to hear that. He still have that truck of his?

11. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

As far as i know, he still has both the 50 Chevy and his Dad's 34 Ford.