Working the bugs out

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Depoebay, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Depoebay

Depoebay Member

Finally got miss stubborn out for her maiden trip. Took about an hour to get the Demon carb set. Thinking about a Holley Efi. Anyway got her on the road lots of torque and tire roasting as well. I put a mustang two front suspension in with 2" drop spindles. I have about 2" of front end clearance on the cross member for the rack. I bottomed out on some small bumps.

I called JWRODGARAGE.COM folks I got the front end from. Great customer service. Tech asks me to see if lower A arms are parallel to the floor. Nope sagging in the center. So need heavier front springs.

Now I bought their off the shelf kit. Forgot to inform them I was stuffing a v8 in her. That much difference in weight from a 6 to a v8? guess so. springs are only $65 for the pair.
    Just more time and money. I'll get her... stubborn bitch.

2. coilover

coilover Member

Small block V8 doesn't weigh as much as the six but automatic trans is much heavier. Add a/c, p/s, condenser, etc and the weight grows. Like to use coil overs as they are height adjustable to level out the lower A-arms. Also $$$.

3. Depoebay

Depoebay Member

Thanks for the reply. How is the ride on just coilovers? Plan to run a floor Jack under her and see how much I am going to need to get the lower A arms level