HAPPY DAY........

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by vwnate1, Nov 23, 2017.

1. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

.....You turkeys #biggrin# .

I hope all and sundry are well .

Lakeroadster likes this.
  2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Wow ;

No one likes thanksgiving ? .

[​IMG]

3. Bilbo1

Bilbo1 Member

Thanks Nate. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving! Apparently everyone was busy...

4. 50 Chevy LS3

50 Chevy LS3 Member

Yes, Nate, Thank you. I like Thanksgiving very much. Also, Christmas, and Easter.
    We have MUCH, to be thankful for, here, in the United States!
    I try to thank GOD, each and every day, for the blessings he has given me.

Steve.

Lakeroadster likes this.
  5. coilover

coilover Member

No kids or living kin so holidays don't mean much but Darn, it makes me smile to see others feel good. I might even use regular instead of no fat salad dressing on my rabbit food to celebrate. Laugh, get loud, enjoy!

6. Larrys 48

Larrys 48 Member

Thanks Nate - Late I know!

7. Zig

Zig Member

Thanks, Nate! I hope you all had a wonderful time with family. We took our (now 15 year old) daughter to New York City over the break. She's big into theater, so we thought she might remember/enjoy seeing one on Broadway. I know I enjoyed seeing all the places it has to offer. Had lunch one day at a table that overlooked the 911 memorial. (It just happened to be the next available table.) Found out New York pizza is BLAH. Soggy crust? #eek#
    Anyway, traveling around this country of ours is a pretty cool thing to be able to do.
    It's better in an AD, right?

8. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Yes Paul ;

Seeing the U.S.A. in any old CHEVROLET is great ! .

We had a nice time, my Brother came, Foster boys and two year old Kai playing on the rug and showing me the toys he keeps @ Grandma's house, all was very good indeed .

I will never forget being poor nor living in a third world hellhole, I am ever so grateful to have been born in AMERICA ! .

New York pizza isn't soggy, not ever ~ you got hosed, sorry to hear that .

I always ask for thin crust, here in California most like the thick crust and worse, many places add sugar to thick crusts ~ GAH .

THANKS TO EVERYONE HERE who has over the years, helped me with solutions, parts and occasionally wise words (mostly 'SHADDAP Nate !" :rolleyes:) when I needed some .

9. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

Always late to the party... ;-)

Merry Christmas to all and Happy Holidays.

Nate, we too were in search of a good thin crust pizza. Living here in the mountains the pickings are pretty slim. So we make our own.

Pre-heat oven to 475 F. Buy the single bag of crust mix, mix it up according to directions and when you make the ball of dough, put a liberal amount of olive oil on your hands when you form it. After 5 minutes of storing the crust in a warm space, spread the dough thin on a cookie sheet that has olive oil on it too. Don't make it thicker around the edge.. just a consistent thickness spread all across the sheet. Bake (475 F.) about 5-6 minutes.. until you start to see some of the crust starting to turn brown. Remove from oven, top with whatever, and cook for another 5-6 minutes.

The crust will be awesome.. well, your opinion may vary. Works well for us here at 8,000 feet above sea level.

_____
    John

Attached Files:

10. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Thanx John ! .

I can tinker pretty good on old vehicles but the cooking gene passed right b y me and never slowed down o_O sure, I can feed myself but that's about it .

I'm in awe/envy of those who can whip up a nice meal out of raw things .

Of course, others tell me what I do with dead vehicles is <magic> and I know damn well that anyone can do the same, right ? .

I'm very lucky in that I have a GREAT pizza parlor a few miles from my house .

11. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

Anyone can try.. and we'll help. But we've all seen some pretty scary stuff out there :eek:

Nate's new handle... "The Magic Man"

___
    John

12. Zig

Zig Member

Sadly, Nate~ It was thin crust. All the stuff slid right off of it as soon as I picked up a piece.
    Hey, at least the table was right at a window that overlooked the 911 memorial. God is cool that way. #cool#

Lakeroadster likes this.
  13. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Well Paul ;

Everyone (?) knows that thin crust is REAL Pizza ! .

14. Wolf

Wolf Member

Miss seeing you guys here! Hope everyone is doing great.

Zig likes this.
  15. Zig

Zig Member

Hey Brian, how 'bout some holiday snapshots of you and your family in that car of yours!