Finally It's Gone!

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by coilover, Dec 10, 2017.

1. coilover

coilover Member

The toy has a new home at last. Warned new owner STRONGLY about staying on top of it or face quick trouble and to always stop three feet before he thinks he should or figure on a new nose at 20k per nose. On his test drive he broke the rear tires loose at 60mph in 5th gear and hung the rear out a bit. Pic is in the paint booth following it's last (by us) nose job. Fun but expensive toy with the best thing about it was watching the tail lights disappear down the road for a final time. 2008 Viper.

IMG_4442.JPG IMG_4443.JPG

2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Not my cuppa tea but looks very fun .

Here in the local mountains they broke the tranny in one of these trying to catch a Motocycle .

The things with vehicles like this is : they're usually bought by insecure men.....

3. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

Then why don't I have one???

50 Chevy LS3 likes this.
  4. 50 Chevy LS3

50 Chevy LS3 Member

I would like to own one, but, can't afford it. Guess I'm insecure, and poor.

5. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

Not a Viper fan or a super car fan. Well, unless you consider a 2nd Generation vette a super car.

6. coilover

coilover Member

No way we could afford one of the 70k ones either. All three have been "rebuilts" after being totaled by insurance companies. Much more than a scratch and the insurers declare them a total like maybe they don't really want to have a policy on them. We put them on the lift and if no structural damage repair them and if structure is hurt in any way we say "no thanks" and then send them on their way.

Lakeroadster likes this.
  7. 50 Chevy LS3

50 Chevy LS3 Member

I would consider that a SUPER, car, to own... I always liked the first gen., best. '57 to '62. The earlier ones were ok, just really started to like the '57, and later. Then the second gen., Stingrays were cool. Still a relatively small body, car. After that, not so much.
    My cousin just bought a brand new one. He has not offered to let me drive it. I'm told they are now, world class, sports cars.

Steve.

Lakeroadster likes this.
  8. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

I had a friend in Ohio who had a '62 vert vette. You get the neat 2nd gen rear appearance and the neat first gen dog house. For me though... it doesn't get better than a '63 split window coupe.