Upper control arms/bushings for 2013 GMC Sierra 2500HD

Discussion in '1999-Present' started by Captain J, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Captain J

Captain J Member

Hello,
    Need your thoughts, or your experience.
    I just installed MAXX Suspension lift kit, and when I went to do the alignment, they told me to change the upper control arms bushings or the complete upper control arms.
    Now do I change only the bushings or the complete upper control arms?
    If I need to replace the bushings what brand?
    If I need a complete upper control arms, what brand, as there are few to choose from, some are very expensive.
    I need your thoughts/ or to share your experience on what you recommend.
    Thanks

2. 50 Chevy LS3

50 Chevy LS3 Member

I'm confused, on this one. Are the bushings, bad? Changing them, would make no difference, unless they are worn out.
    And, I would not think they would be worn out, on a 2013, unless maybe the truck was a snow plow truck.
    Likewise, changing control arms would not make any difference, in alignment, unless the lift kit requires a custom, control arm.
    And in that case, the custom arms should be in the kit.

Steve.

3. Captain J

Captain J Member

Hello Steve,
    According to the alignment shop, they say the bushings need to be replaced, and no the truck is not a snow plow truck as we live in a dry hot country.
    The lift kit (Maxx Suspension) only requires alignment of control arms, so I bought a set, in shipping, and I’ll replace them once they arrive.
    But my question was which is better to replace bushings or the complete upper control arms. If so (control arm) which brand name as there are many.
    But thanks for your reply.