Dual Master and adapter kit questions/issues/confusion/...

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by The Hill Boys, Apr 8, 2018.

1. The Hill Boys

The Hill Boys Member

Good evening. I purchased the Dual Master, part number 71-201 and the adapter kit, part number 71-984 from our host last year. Wasn't able to get around installing it until today. I have a 1952 3100. Pulled out the original master, etc. Installed the adapter bracket as indicated using the two holes from original master and the "Chevy" holes on the bracket. This left about 6 inches between the mounting sur[ace of the bracket and a cross beam on the trucks frame. There is no was possible that dual master will fit in. So, we opted to "flip" the bracket. This moves the mounting surface forward enough to get the MC in, but it won't bolt in because the support braces on the bracket hit the MC. Also, the part of the bracket that mounts to the frame is on the lower side, so flipping it move the mounting surface up and what I would assume be out of alignment.

What am I missing here? Has anyone installed this combo on their truck? Does the truck have an extra brace or something?

Thank you in advance.

Ron

Neto84 likes this.
  2. e015475

e015475 Member

Some pictures of the issue would be very helpful

3. The Hill Boys

The Hill Boys Member

I'll get some posted up later

4. The Hill Boys

The Hill Boys Member

Well, false alarm. I took off the bracket and mounted the mc to it first. I then went down under the truck and slide the back of the mc over the cross member and then moved everything forward. Holes lined right up.

5. 52wasp

52wasp Member

Ron,
    Share your experience with us, and help the next AD'er who undertakes the conversion!

Start a new thread "How to install a Dual Master Cylinder".

Take photographs of each step of the process, add a little caption. Doesn't need to be fancy.

Thanks!
    Mike

6. Zig

Zig Member

This was the best upgrade I did for my truck. Glad I didn’t bother with the “power” part and just used the split mc as is. Don’t know how it would stop without the residual values, but with them, it stops like a dream.
    I hope you’re all done with your setup by now? 2D46C948-05C2-4EA2-9684-0CFD583786B7.jpeg A5095129-BC25-4413-8923-580EC85CCACA.jpeg C8227197-F6C4-44FD-9E3C-D6B44BA1AAE8.jpeg

Attached Files:

Neto84 likes this.