In need of instructions mounting Fulton dogbone visor brackets on 49 five window 3100

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by COCONUTS, Dec 26, 2018.

1. COCONUTS

COCONUTS Member

A .pdf copy of the instructions would be greatly appreciated. I found a post here but it’s from 2012 and links are dead. I emailed Classic but haven’t heard back from them. I’ve got an original Fulton visor and new “dogbone” brackets, but no instructions. Sure would be nice to see a set before drilling any holes.

Thanks for any replies,

Greg

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Good morning Greg ;

A forum member here, Joe, who goes under the moniker of 'Mothertrucker' will have what you need, along with any parts, all original stuff no less .

3. COCONUTS

COCONUTS Member

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. I found a set of instructions from Fulton printed back in 1948 online finally.
    I'm not sure if they are correct as it refers to a Fulton 603 for 1948 and we have a Fulton 800 series visor? I'm pretty sure they are the same from 47-53.
    I'll contact Mothertrucker to verify they are correct before taking out the drill.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  4. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

The proper instructions contain paper templates, it's helpful to have a friend hold the assembled sun shade in place whilst you look at the marks you made before drilling......

Use a crayon or magic marker, measure thrice, drill once .

5. COCONUTS

COCONUTS Member

Thank you vwnate1!

I’d love a copy of the templates if you have them available as having more information is always better than drilling any holes that aren’t correct!

I think putting the whole visor together and having a few people hold it in place is probably the smartest thing to do. The Dogbone brackets are made to fit precisely as we found out when I got them and we test fitted them under the drip rail. The Fulton visor (less brackets) came with the truck and hadn’t ever been mounted. The previous owner planned on installing it as part of a full restoration.

Funny...I purchased the center brackets here at classic and the dogbone brackets from a seller truckman**** on eBay out on the west coast and neither under any circumstances (stated) would share the written instructions even after spending loads of cash with both.

There are sellers on eBay offering written Fulton instructions for $$

I did find a 21 page Fulton set of instructions with photos printed in 1948 and would be happy to send anyone here a .pdf copy if they send me a PM with their email address.

Greg

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  6. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Welcome .

I don't know either and i'd be very wary of minor differences before drilling .

? Did you contact Joe ? .

I had a set of the paper templates some years ago, for the model 800 IIRC but I may have parted with them as I've not seen them in years, sorry .

COCONUTS likes this.
  7. COCONUTS

COCONUTS Member

I sent Joe a text message the same day you posted...haven’t heard back from him yet.

My visor is an 800 as it’s stamped 800. I’m not in a hurry to mount it. Probably spring. Just planning ahead now that I have all the brackets. I think I’ve read every post with all the good and bad. If it mounts level and the doors open and close correctly....it’s all good :D

Thanks

vwnate1 likes this.
  8. COCONUTS

COCONUTS Member

Those minor differences in measurements posted online are worrisome. I’ve seen 1.25” difference posted for my application. I think installing all the brackets and test fitting with any tweaking ahead of time to make sure visor is level and doors have no clearance issues is more valuable than any instructions or templates.

I’ll post photos and any hiccups when it’s done.

Greg

vwnate1 likes this.
  9. Randy Trentham

Randy Trentham Member

I also have the 800 sunvisor. I have tried to dry fit it and have run into a problem. If I fit it on door jam 11 1/16” up from bottom of drip rail, then dog mount does not fit correctly in the curve of the door jam. Did you ever come up with a tem plate or measurements? I sure hope so!

vwnate1 likes this.
  10. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

I'm still waiting for Greg to respond from 2018....

Yes, I have the paper templates, I don't know what series Fulton they're for, they're *very* fragile and I hope someone will copy them and see as accurate templates.....

11. Randy Trentham

Randy Trentham Member

Thanks for the reply. Would it be possible for you to send a picture of your template? There seems to be a lot of Fulton information out there but the necessary details are missing. Many thanks