Clarity on fuse block

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by dorcutt, Dec 19, 2018.

1. dorcutt

dorcutt Member

Does anybody have a good picture of where exactly where the three wires go (red, pink and grey) on the fuse block. I know they go to the fuse block but not clear which buss they go to. Thanks.

2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Time to buy the factory shop manual, they're cheap and worth many times the cost .

New is $35 or so,used is often under $10 .

I don't know where my Task Force owner's booklets are else I'd look and see if this info is in there .

3. dorcutt

dorcutt Member

I have the manuals but it isn’t clear exactly where on the fuse block to connect. It looks like the red and gray wires are connect to the same buss. I think the pink goes from the fuse buss to the ACC lug on the ignition switch.
    Many thanks for your help Nate.

4. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Look through older posts, someone posted a Task Force wiring diagram, if you're talking about your Advance Design truck, the fusebox changed over the years, early models had 10 or so fuses, then they changed to two, go to The Old Car manual Project and search the shop manuals until you find the one with a fuse box that matches your truck, down load it and print out several copies, use one as a cheat sheet as you work on the truck and use a pencil to make notes as you go along....

This is do - able and not as challenging as you think .

I get lots and lots of electrical jobs because I take the time to sort them out , it's just time consuming and I use a note pad with lines on it to make notes as I go along .

5. dorcutt

dorcutt Member

Thanks Nate, will do. I think I have a pretty good idea of how it’s suppose to be wired. Will try to confirm.
    Dave

6. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

A thought on fused lighting circuits :

A few years after your truck was made they began to fuse the right rear taillight with the dash lights ~ this meant long before the Customer noticed they had an unsafe, burnt out taillight, they'd come in for service because they couldn't see the speedo .

Now, both tailights are on one breaker, this is foolish and dangerous to boot .