1965 C10: what year is the radiator?

Discussion in '1967-1972' started by Woogeroo, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Woogeroo

Woogeroo Member

Hiya Chevy folks,

I am trying to figure out what year this radiator is from, that is in my 1965 Chevrolet C10 pickup.

I am posting here in the '67-'72 area as I believe it may be from the 1967-1972 era of chevy truck parts.

I have some photos and measurements posted here:

01/28/2019 – radiator - 9 pictures

I think it is from the next body style chevy trucks(67-72), but I'd appreciate it if any of you can help me find out the year or parts numbers, etc..

It started leaking again, I took it out and it was a little wonky trying to find a good active radiator repair shop in my area. I finally found one and it is back in the truck now, but I'd really like to know what it is, as this is the 2nd or third time I've had it repaired, so I guess eventually I will have to get a new one!

Thanks a bunch for any information you can provide.

-Woogeroo

2. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

Check out this link Woog. US Radiator

Based on the tanks yours looks like a 1973-1977. Keep in mind you may have a mixture of stock tanks on a different core. A good radiator shop can mix and match parts.

Woogeroos Radiator.jpg

mikiesride likes this.
  3. Woogeroo

Woogeroo Member

Lakeroadster,

thanks a bunch for the reply.

I was told on another forum it was probably a '73 and up.

Thanks for narrowing it down for me, that helps a lot.

Yeah, I had a heck of a time finding a good radiator shop(my old one closed and moved locations and I was not hearing good things about the old one from the professional mechanics)... but these new guys seemed to have fixed it.

If they have the tools and knowledge I suppose they could put it together however which way.

Take care,

-Woog

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    Lakeroadster likes this.
  4. mikiesride

mikiesride Member

Woog long time no see/hear, LOL.
    The lower spout in your pics shows it is straight out so 73 and up. The 67-72 has a lower spout that curves upward some to get away from the frame, ask me how I know.