Serious help with rear panel cab corners rebuild

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by cmkruse, Mar 15, 2019.

1. cmkruse

cmkruse Member

Anybody have some pics of the rear corners of the panel truck cab. Mine are severely rusted and missing in places. I am trying to rebuild them and there are several nut plates that have to be located and fitment issues. If anyone has rebuilt these areas and has some pictures or advice I could sure use it. I have the rear sill and splash shield but no brackets for the splash shield. If anyone has the brackets and locations pictures of that would also be appreciated. I will post a picture of the area as soon as I can get some taken. THANKS for any help on this.

2. cmkruse

cmkruse Member

Follow up to the help request - if anyone knows of a source for the splash pan brackets or a template to make them I need both sides:(

3. cmkruse

cmkruse Member

Here's a picture or two IMG_1020.JPG IMG_1021.JPG of the area I"m working.

4. coilover

coilover Member

Could you stand back away and have the photo show the position on the truck? Here are panel and suburban rear corners and there are no weld nuts anywhere till way up by the lower door hinge.

panel and suburban 016.jpg 52 Sub. body stripped 007.jpg 52 Sub. body stripped 008.jpg

5. cmkruse

cmkruse Member

Thanks for the pictures. They helped me see the fender alignment to the rear sill. Here's a couple pics of the work are and the nutplates being replaced.

Attached Files:

6. cmkruse

cmkruse Member

UPDATE on the bracket request - MNSMITH over on Stovebolt is going to send me a template so I can fabricate some myself.