Looking for: 51 Chevy Tin Woody Tailgate Latch Box

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Erin OBrien, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Erin OBrien

Erin OBrien Member

Hey there. I have a 51 Chevy Styleline Deluxe Wagon. I am looking for a part. Anyone got this???

It's the latchbox that sits in the upper center of the upper tailgate. It's the box that holds the outside and inside tailgate handles. It turns the "pecker" to unlock and lift up the upper tailgate (the part with the window). It has a metal plate that sits over this box. I am including pics. The first pic is this plate. I need that plate and the parts under it. The other pics are what I have so far: the latch box that sits under the plate, the inside handle, and the round piece the handles sits in. ...But I don't have and of the smaller parts inside the box. Here is my request:
    1) Do you have this plate cover and latchbox parts you can sell me?
    2) Do you have a tin woody that you can remove the plate and open the box and take photos of what's inside the metal box? If I had pics of what it looks like inside (spring, pecker, etc) I might be able to fabricate my own working parts. But I have never seen what it looks like inside and there are no schematics anywhere.

In the second photo you can see the inside of the metal box that is under the plate cover. But like I said, I have no idea what parts go inside of it and how they sit/fit in there.

Thank you for your help.

Attached Files:

2. Erin OBrien

Erin OBrien Member

Anyone out there able to help with this issue?

3. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

I see no response but you're on the right track asking everyone .

Maybe 'Chevy Talk' will be of help ? .