Worn out rear shackle bracket/hanger

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by RezMutt, Dec 7, 2019.

1. RezMutt

RezMutt Member

Hi all,

Looking for some advice on how to deal with my worn out rear shackle brackets. I can replace springs and shackles all day, but the bracket/hanger that is riveted to the frame is worn through the bushings. Is there a repair I can do? I'd rather just cut the old one off and install an aftermarket replacement, but have not been able to find one.

1951 Chevy 3100

Thanks!

2. coilover

coilover Member

I don't see where you are located. We remove the shackle brackets on a regular basis to install a 4 link or ladder bar set up and sometimes an independent rear suspension. Should have a set of unworn ones in scrap pile or on a parts truck. We are not in the parts selling business but Joe at Dead Zone Truck Parts has a large inventory of AD parts trucks. If you take your brackets off then any machine shop could bush them back to standard size.

3. RezMutt

RezMutt Member

I'm in Reno, NV. I'll first look into getting mine rebuilt. If that doesn't work, I'd be happy to take some off your hands if you have them (with appropriate payment and shipping costs, of course). Thanks much!