MERRY CHRISTMAS !

Discussion in '1936-1946' started by vwnate1, Dec 25, 2020.

1. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Wow, I really expected some folks to be in here, I'm old so early Chevrolet & GMC trucks were a large part of my working life because they're so well made, simple ad easy to maintain, repair and keep running with engine and tranny swaps, bolt in....

2. gmcman1965

gmcman1965 Member

Sorry you were disappointed I was disappointed 10 years ago when I bought my second restomod project , after having so much luck finding info and valuable info on the 47-54 page when I did my one a 48 5 window I had hope to find a little something on a 46 page but no such luck however i did get a few answers from the ' old boys on the 47-54 page hopefully down the road this page will be as successful as the other one

vwnate1 likes this.
  3. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

In 1976 I was newly married and bought a battered 1946 Chevy 3100 series pickup for $600, it had zero rust (California) and a 1957 full pressure oiling 235 in it along with a 1939 tranny .

I used it as my daily driver for many years, after a couple years I bought a junked '46 from a stable and assembled one passable rig out of the two .

It was quite the learning experience, luckily I'd grown up on a farm where piecing together or patching up old vehicles and equipments was the normal way of life....

Once in a while I miss that old rig but the 1970's were very rainy and the windshield leaked like a sieve in spite of new rubber and eventually a new aluminum windshield frame ~ J.C. Whitless used to sell them, I got lucky and found one at a local Chevy Club swap meet for $25 .

My son always tells me I have endless patience, I don't see it that way but if you rush the job it will never be right .