1950 3100 park brake parts needed

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by LarryT, Feb 6, 2022.

1. LarryT

LarryT Member

I am looking for park brake levers and spreaders for my 1950 3100 truck. None of these parts were on the truck when I purchased it. This truck has huck brakes with 11 inch internal diameter rear drums. The parts should be from a 1939 to 1950 chevy or gmc 1/2 ton from what I have read. If anyone knows where I can find/buy these parts, please let me know. Thanks

vwnate1 likes this.
  2. 52wasp

52wasp Member

Hello Larry T,
    Welcome to the forum. If you could add your location to your profile, it would help. You might find a fellow member lives nearby, and possibly find the parts you need LOCALLY. Given that members are, in some cases, replacing the entire rear end in their truck you may find all the parts you need cheap (or even free) a short drive away.

For example, when I replaced the everything below the sheetmetal in my '53, I listed ALL of it in the Classifieds on this Forum. "Best reasonable offer" was all I asked. I had no takers, so most of it went to the scrapyard.

My guess is with a little bit of effort, a complete rear end with (superior) Bendix brakes could be had for about what you might pay for odd pieces and shipping.

Mike

3. LarryT

LarryT Member

Thanks, I found the park brake parts in Colorado. I added my location for future contacts to see. I had considered going to Arizona for a complete rear end, but found only the parts I need and am having them shipped out.

4. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

WELCOME Larry ! .

You haven't yet added your location .

Good to hear you found what you needed , Huck brake parts per se are getting hard to find, complete rear ends with often better brake drums (never, EVER turn or otherwise machine Huck brake drums!) are often thrown away all across America .

5. LarryT

LarryT Member

I forgot to hit save changes after adding the location. It should be there now. Thanks.

6. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

There you go .

I find it incredible there's no longer tens of thousands of Advance Design light duty trucks still littering the farms , ranches and Deserts of New Mexico .

Remember what I said : look into old Hot Rod builds, they're always trying to get rid of good stock parts .