1950 3100 rubber

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Al Downs, Apr 1, 2022.

1. Al Downs

Al Downs Member

Things are coming together pretty fast and I need to start to think about all the rubber gaskets and moldings. What have you used and which supplier has the best kit?

2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Hands down the bets is Steele Rubber .

https://www.steelerubber.com/automotive

It's made in America and FITS unlike the cheaper stuff may sell, all of which comes from China and even if it fits it only lasts a year or so before cracking...

3. 52wasp

52wasp Member

another vote for Steele Rubber.
    Read up on the cheap stuff other folks have purchased. and installed. and removed. Watch somebody with "the cheap stuff" have to SLAM the heck out of their door (or trunk lid, as the case may be).

vwnate1 likes this.
  4. RidesWithYah

RidesWithYah Member

I'm about at the same spot as you on my '51.

I found Steele's website incredibly confusing, mostly because I've not done this before and not really sure what's what. I really wish they simply said "If you're doing the doors, order this kit." They have kits (not complete, you need a few different kits to do a cab), and sets of individual parts. Getting everything you need without duplicates is daunting.

To cover door windows, I ended up ordering a "Belt/Weatherstrip/Window Channel" kit from RockAuto, it's "Fairchild" brand, $130. Should be here next week, so I can't speak to quality or fit yet.
    The PN I ordered was KG10288, but it's for '51-up (with Vent Windows). I'm sure they would have something similar for your '50.

Waiting on windshield, back corner, and rear window gaskets until I get doors completed and hung; and plan to use Steele for those.

I also plan to order Steele for the door rubber so I don't get into the closing issues; but their "windlace" is black (not original) so I haven't made up my mind about that yet.

vwnate1 likes this.
  5. Al Downs

Al Downs Member

It will be interesting to hear what you thing about the quality of things you ordered.

vwnate1 likes this.